7. Appearance

Jasmine Knight

"You have no idea how sorry I am to let you go through this." Dad said as he cupped my face. His voice became extremely soft and his eyes swam with guilt.

"There's no need to be sorry, Dad. It's just something I have to do in order to save our family." I said as I kept my hands on his shoulder and pulled him in for a hug.

"I know, baby. I'm so proud of you. My little girl is all grown up and has become such a brave woman." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Only because I'm raised by my strong parents." I said, trying not to cry. My father's on the verge of crying and he was making me emotional too.

"Stop it you two. I don't wanna cry now." My mom said as she and my brother, River, entered my room.

In my parents' marriage, mom's the meaner parent.

"Are you all packed, baby?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I said.

"Aunt Kath has sent a suitcase full of weapons for you and Arden to take along with." River said.

"Isn't that a bit too much?" I asked.

"Nonsense. You'll need that. It would be just you two. We couldn't even send any guards with you." Dad said.

Just then we heard the doorbell ring.

"Serrano's here." Dad announced.

"Why is he here? Aren't we suppose to leave tomorrow morning?" I asked.

"Yes you are but we need to change both of yours' appearance." River said as we all walked to the main door of my apartment.

"What changes?" I asked.

"Hair and eyes' colour." River curtly said.

"Hey." Arden said as he stepped inside.

"Hi." I said as I looked at him.

"Hello Sir." He greeted my Dad with a formal handshake. River and him did the same thing.

"Shall we?" Dad asked.

"We're going to our warehouse." River filled me in.

It took us 45 minutes to reach the warehouse. It's pretty hidden, in the forest area for protection purposes.

We met all the men there. Uncle Evan, Uncle Carter, Uncle Liam, Adam, Adan and Jason.

"Why're you all here?" I asked after we greeted everyone.

"We own it." Adam replied.

"I mean, you guys weren't needed here." I said.

"Ouch." Jason dramatically said as he put his hand on his heart.

"We're here to help you both... transform." Uncle Carter replied.

"Okay..." I said.

"We should start." Uncle Evan lead us to a place where there was a team of people present with salon chairs and large mirrors.

"They will help you change your current hair colour and eyes' colour." Adan said.

"Since I have some documents to go through, I will be in my office for the time duration. When you guys are done, call me. If I think you look different, you're good to go." Adam said.

"I'll take your leave." Adam said and exited this room.

"Please have a seat." A man politely said.

"Since Jasmine's a natural brunette, we'll dye your hair platinum blonde. You okay with that?" The lady who looked like the in-charge around here, talked to me.