ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━🌹 ━━ 

━━🌹 ━━ 

"ʙᴀʙʏ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏʀɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜰɪʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏʟᴅ ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ."

ʙᴇᴀ ᴍɪʟʟᴇʀ

━━🌹 ━━ 

━━🌹 ━━ 

"I know you love me, Lord Dagon, but don't allow this to distract us from our duties."

Dad, what is this? I ask quietly as I watch the darkness around me slowly dissolve into light and reveal a younger version of my mother standing on an empty balcony. What's going on?

My father hesitates before answering, I don't know, bright star. These are my memories but—

"I never get distracted, Ari dear," a very familiar voice speaks and I turn to see my father at the entrance of the balcony, leaning against the frame. "You already know that very well."

My mother is wearing a delicate white-sleeved dress whereas the younger version of my father is dressed in long, black robes with an elegant, simple headdress that fits him rather well.

Your wedding day, I whisper in realisation. This is the day of your wedding day.

Hmm, my father hums quietly. The two of us just happened to bump into one another before we were meant to meet at the altar.

Mum snorts as she hugs herself with her arms, saying, "Is that so?"

"Hmm," Dad hums playfully, something he always does. "So could you ever love me?"

"Maybe, maybe not," my mother answers but I can't tell if she's joking around.

"And if we were to have a child?" my father questions. "Would you love them?"

Mum whips her head around, her fingers digging into her (y/s/c) skin as she says firmly, "I would be a monster if I didn't love our child."

"A monster you say," Dad says with a cunning grin and a spark ignites in his eyes that are just like mine. "Yet you cannot love your own husband, Ari?"