Would you join the fun?

"Hey, senpai~," a girl's voice said."Gimme some juice, kay?" Eyes like garnet turned to look at a boy.

"As you can see," the boy said, almost sighing. "Do I have any such stuff on me?"

"Then you should have brought it with you~" She gripped at him. "Don't be forgetful like a senile, old man next time, kay?" she said, her index finger pointed at his face.

"Fine, I'll keep that in mind." He replied, driving her finger out of his face.

She flashed a disapproving look but said nothing. Ayanokōji shut his eyes. He thought it was a bit annoying but over for now.

"But senpai," she shot a faint glance, speaking after some time. "We are lying down on the grass here, because of all the benches being as if brought right outta a sauna. Super bad for relaxing." She paused, pointing in the direction of those seats some feet away.

"Yeah, so?" He asked softly.

She folded her legs. "This damn grass is prickling my legs. Super uncomfortable, y'know?"

He spoke a few words inaudibly low, then cleared his throat before speaking clearly. "Well, I don't see what I can do about that. It naturally comes about just due to your skirt's length, does it not?" Ayanokōji shrugged and turned his eyes to the side.

She struck his ankle with her foot on hearing that response. "Hey, what do you mean, senpai? You're saying this, but I've caught your eyes staring at my legs, y'know?" She grins. "I fear what twisted fantasies you imagined at those occasions.... how obscene~"

Ichika's behaviour was such that these kinds of occurrences would take place many times. Along with it, a good figure. Even a celibate couldn't help but give out appreciative glances.

He grunts. "Clearly, that is just your imagination. Why would I do such a thing?"

"And why is that, huh? Tell me, senpai~?" She sat on her heels, facing towards Ayanokōji. "Giving excuses for your lustful nature now, eh? Justifying? Or perhaps you are tryin' to suppress your scandalous longings? " She grinned with mirth.

Ayanokōji's words were cut off as if amputated with a scalpel.

"Let your kōhai give you advice here, senpai~. Don't make excuses to deceive yourself as such, understood? Doing that is easy peasy, right?"

I can't say anything to prove my case here. This girl... she has cornered me from all fronts. Hardly anything I have is of use here. So there's only this thing remaining that I can do, huh?

He sighs in resignation, inwardly. "Yes, understood. So what should I do?" He couldn't grind the knives because it wasn't his to wield at this time.

Awaiting her reply, he stays still like a meditating monk, hands folded in his lap. A soft breeze meandered down the road, blowing the leaves before it. The colour of the dead leaves, and the colour of the blooming flowers leapt at his eyes. They reminded him of the months that had passed away.

Soon thereafter, this respite of deadly serenity ended. Eyes with an unnatural sparkle looked into another eyes akin to a shining chasm.

"Well, you don't have to do a lot now. See? You should learn to not inconvenience your cute kōhai. Like I didn't cause any for you."

He stared at her for a long, frozen second.

She stared back at him for a long time.

He averted his gaze, relinquished to the girl who had set herself in his lap. She had slid across and took a seat there.