replacement

Emily woke up the next morning and carefully slipped out from under the covers so she didn't disturb jay, "where are you going?" Jay smiled and grabbed her hand to pull her back. She let out a contagious laugh, "to shower..." she mumbled from the pillow as she laid back down. He smiled and held her close, "oh yeah?" He laughed. She laughed too as he squeezed her, "fine fine, 5 more minutes..." she laughed and rolled back over. He smiled and cradled her head, "I don't wanna go to work..." she laughed, he smiled too, "me neither" he planted a million kisses on her head. He's so thankful she trusts him, Erin could've ruined everything last night, but thankfully she didn't despite her being very close to achieving it.

"Is she gonna be at work?" Emily looked out of the window as jay pulled up outside of the district. Jay frowned, he can hear the insecurity in her tone, "I'm not sure em, but hey, we've got nothing to worry about. Like I told you last night, I love you and only you" he grabbed her hands. She smiled weakly, "I know" she nodded, but she still feels this insecurity boiling in the pit of her stomach. She's never formally met erin, but now that Emily's dating jay, things could be a lot different between everyone is Erin shows up today.

                The walked upstairs the steps of the bullpen to hear laughing and chatting, then jay recognised that voice, it was Erin.  Just great.  He squeezed Emily's hand as they reached the top of the steps.  Kim instantly sent Emily a confirming glare, so Emily nodded back, Kim smiled, she can finally let the anger towards jay slip. Emily saw Erin stood next to hank as her heart skipped a beat, this cannot be happening today. She took the woman in, she looked so well bred, she was stunning and she looked like the kind of girl who had men chasing after her. Emily looked to the floor sheepishly, she felt so small all of a sudden, almost as if jay could just leave her right now and go over to Erin instead. It was as if jay could sense Emily's thoughts so he flashed her a warm yet reassuring smile.

"Jay, Erin told me she saw you last night" hank smiled, "Erin this is detective Emily Taylor, jays partner" the Sargent pointed to Emily. Jay nodded and looked away whereas Emily flashed Erin a small smile and a wave. Erin smiled back, this must be her replacement then...

"So, are you staying?" Kevin nodded. Erin shook her head, "no just visiting, I actually just ended a long case so I've got a week off. Thought it would be nice to come see everyone again" she shrugged. Hank smiled, "well we're pretty busy with our cases right now but you're more than welcome to stay and help" he squeezed his adopted daughters shoulder, "I'd love to, just like old times huh" she laughed. Jay looked down at Emily who just had her head down, he feels so helpless.

                 The day was going so slow, and so badly.  Erin had decided to stay and help, so hank had told her to ride with jay and Emily since she was jays partner after all.  But even in the bullpen, Erin would cut Emily off, she would flirt with jay right in front of Emily's face, and she wasn't being very respectful to Emily in general.  Jay could see the defeat, awkwardness and insecurities written all over Emily's face.  He knows his fiancé better than anyone, she isn't smiling like usual, she looks anxious.  He tapped her leg under the table once Erin left, "you good?" He nodded.  She looked up from her computer screen, "never better" she smiled.  Jay frowned as she looked away, he has no idea as to why erins making her nervous, but he doesn't like it one bit.

Emily decided to get up and go make herself a coffee, she walked past everyone and into the break room on her own but no longer than 10 seconds later, Erin followed her inside. "Pour me one will you?" Erin laughed slightly, "yeah sure" Emily nodded. Erin nodded back, "so, you're my replacement huh?" She smiled as Emily filled up erins mug, "uhm yeah, I guess you could say that" Emily laughed awkwardly. Erin nodded, "Halsteads a great detective huh?" She smiled. Emily smiled back, "yeah, he's an even better fiancé" she flashed her ring. She had to let Erin know who was in charge now. Erins face dropped, "oh really? Wow, I never expected that between the two of you..." she laughed and rubbed the back of her neck, she shot emily a disapproving look before nodding.