Distracted

“I’m heading out” Xingqiu stated while putting on his shoes.
Childe looked up, confused. “Who are going with?” He asked and Xingqiu just shrugged.
“Depends. Me and Chongyun are probably gonna bumped into each other” He replied, and Childe just nodded.
“Need some extra cash or you have some with you?” Childe asked.

“I have some of my own” He chuckled. “I’m not like Zhongli”

And as on que Zhongli popped in with a reply.

“What do you mean by that?”

Xingqiu just said nothing and said goodbye to the older males, immediately shutting the door behind him and going on his way.
Zhongli looked a bit puzzled, still trying to understand what the boy meant.
Childe got up, wrapping his arm around his lover’s waist. “He meant you always lose your wallet and always have to ask me to pay for things” The ginger chuckled and Zhongli grumbled.

“That’s not-“He got cut off by Childe saying “Don’t lie we all know it’s true”

======================

Xingqiu sighed and went on his way to his favorite bookstore, you guessed it, Wanwen bookhouse.
Though unlike before he has to walk more due to, he moved in with Childe and Zhongli and it’s quite far from harbor.
Five minutes to his walk he pulled out his book and starts reading.
This can be dangerous for Xingqiu since he is more focus on the book than his surroundings but usually Chongyun guides him. But Chongyun’s not with him…
He continues reading the book walking straight forward to where the direction of Liyue harbor.

He walks

And he walks…

Until…

He unconsciously took a turn. He was way to focus on his book that he didn’t realize that he turned, he was trying to avoid a pole.
Finally, Xingqiu looked up from his book after an uneventful story that was in the book, he sighed and looked around.

‘Huh?’  He looked to his left. ‘Where.?’ Then to his right. ‘Shit.’
Yeah, he’s lost.

He breathes in and out trying to calm himself down, trying to calm his shaky hands and legs, he grips his book and let out a deep sigh and walked back to the direction he remembers.
He looked around trying to find where he took a turn, but everything just looked…. The same to him, he’s panicking again, he clenched his book tighter getting more and more worried.
He was calming himself for the second time when he heard a loud snap.
‘Please be a boar, please be a boar, please be a boar!’ He chanted to himself, he turned around to find a familiar bear… An orange bear standing.

“Gouba?” He muttered and walked in Xiangling holding what he assumed are ingredients for her new dish.
Xingqiu let out a sigh of relief, thank god it wasn’t a hilichurl.

“Xingqiu?” He heard the girl calling his name. “What are you doing here?” Asked  Xiangling.
It’d be both embarrassing and awkward when he told Xiangling that he was way too focus on his book and got lost, just like Chongyun, she’d most likely scold him for focusing too much on his book.

“W-Well” He stuttered.

‘Great job, Xingqiu’ He mentally slapped himself.
“I just wanna get some fresh air and find an eye catching scenery while I’m reading my book..”
He lied, sweating a little.
He is praying that Xiangling would believe his lie and just shrug it off, Xiangling looked at him suspiciously like how Chongyun would look at him when he pulls one of his pranks on Chongyun.

“You got lost, didn’t you?” She stated, Xingqiu mentally sobbed and just nodded.
Xiangling just sighed and walked to the way where the Harbor is.
“Didn’t Chongyun told you already to not read while walking? Especially when you’re alone??” Xiangling scolded the blue haired boy and Xingqiu just silently apologize.
“What if you saw a hilichurl and not me?” She lightly raised her voice making Xingqiu flinched.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, it won’t happen again” He walked next to Xiangling, sulking.
Xiangling puts her hand on Xingqiu’s back guiding him and making sure he doesn’t bump into anything.