«« Chapter 1 »»

Hey Guys!!!!

Thanks for giving this story a try. I hope you enjoy.

Happy Reading!!

◤----------------------------------------------------------◥

The wind was lightly blowing, this light wind was chilling. Normally, in this autumn weather the air used to be cool, but today it had a different heart chilling coldness in it. It was as if the dark clouds were saying something. Pointing to a event that was about to occur and the cold wind was helping it.

Though not many flowers bloom in this season, the few countable one's that grow had also wilted. The whole weather was preparing for some big show. Some thing harsh was bound to happen today.
If you paid attention you could see two owls on top of one house, both sitting at the corners of the roof. And a black cat was prowling in front of the same house.

Now, when an owl is sitting on the roof of your house, it is said that something in- auspicious was going to happen. And if a cat prowls in front of your house, that to black, it is considered as a double bad omen.
There was something, today. Something that was not correct. And that would lead to something bad happening. It was all in the air, all around the area.

The day, it is the tenth day of Ashwin Shukla Paksha. The last day of Durga Puja, also known as Durgotsava, or Sharodotsava.

Ideally, a very auspicious day, in India. But the omens, all were pointing in the other direction of normal circumstances.

People were gathered in the amphitheater, where the idol of Goddess Durga was placed. The event was a big one. Actually this was the only place where the Durga Puja was being held in fifteen km radius.
They were to celebrate the last day of Durga Puja today, Vijaya Dashami. Sindoor Khela was the ritual to be celebrated today. It is a ceremony where in the married ladies apply lady Durga with vermillion and also smear it amongst themselves, playing with it.

Most of the ladies were dressed in the auspicious cream or white colored saree with red border. In their hands, a plate that had Sindoor (Vermillion) and Mithati (Sweets). They were excited to take part in the happenings.
While Men and unmarried girls stood in a side, eagerly waiting to see the wonderful ceremony of Sindoor Khela. Watching this ritual is also considered as a blessing, thus, the excitement.