Chapter 8

''But--I hurt you ,'' Chuuya couldn't believe that the brunet forgave him. Dazai looked down. ''... it's true... you did ,''

*FIVE WEEKS AGO*

''Dazai, open the door ,'' Oda was knocking on the bathroom door. Dazai had been in there for too long. Oda tried to listen in on whatever that was happening in the quiet bathroom. There was a faint dripping of water onto the ground. He knocked again. ''Dazai what are you doing in there ? Let me in !''

He was worried. Dazai had bandages all around him, Oda didn't know what he was hiding, but there was one possibility that anyone would've tried on their first guess. ''Dazai !'' Still no response. Oda couldn't wait any longer. He kicked the bathroom door open, just to be shocked by what he saw.

''DAZAI !!'' He rushed to the brunet who sat on the floor leaning against the walls at the corner. Dazai was unconscious, a sharp blade lied in his loose grip. Blood streamed down his arm, a lot of blood. The floor around him was coated in red. ''DAZAI ! DAZAI WAKE UP !'' He shook the brunet, hoping to get a response. He checked for a pulse, there was, but it was weak.

Then his finger twitched. ''Dazai, Dazai can you hear me ?'' Dazai weakly opened his eyes. ''O... da... saku...'' ''I'll call an ambulance ,'' Oda turned around to get to his phone when he felt someone pulling his clothe. He turned back and froze at what he saw.

As Dazai shook his head, he was crying, he tried hard to hold it in but he couldn't.

''It's okay, I'm here, it's okay ,'' Oda hugged him and patted his head gently.

*PRESENT*

Dazai looked back up at Chuuya. ''But you really mean a lot to me, Chuuya ,'' What Dazai said made Chuuya feel more guilty. He hugged the brunet again, uncontrollably sobbing in his shoulder. Dazai hugged him back too. ''I'm keeping my head low for some time, before joining the Armed Detective Agency ,'' ''But that's--'' Chuuya couldn't say the word, the word 'betrayal'.

Dazai chuckled lightly. ''Odasaku's last words kept me thinking. If there's no difference for me, why not be on the bright side and help other's ?'' Then his smiled faded. ''But that's not the only reason I left the mafia, Chuuya. I left because I couldn't get myself to work for someone who took part in a friend's death ,'' Chuuya pulled away. ''What do you mean ?''

Dazai didn't answer him. ''I'll be gone for two years. In that period of time I won't be able to contact you ,'' Chuuya felt down, but he knew that was necessary, so he nodded. Dazai gently wiped the tears off Chuuya's cheeks. ''Chuuya, can you take care of Akutagawa for me ?'' Chuuya nodded again. He took Dazai's hands and stared at his hazel eyes, knowing that he wouldn't be able to see him again for two years.

''Chuuya, do you really still wanna be with me ?'' ''Of course I do !'' Chuuya replied immediately. Dazai smiled softly and stood up, Chuuya too. Then he leaned down and kissed Chuuya on his forehead. Chuuya closed his eyes, he lived in the moment, the last moment with the brunet. Dazai eventually pulled away. ''Till we meet again, Chibi ,''

That was the first in a long time he called Chuuya his nickname again, but also the last time he would until years later. He didn't tell Chuuya that Mori was involved in Oda's death, he didn't tell him that it was the mafia that betrayed him first. Because after the Sheep, the mafia was Chuuya's home, and he didn't want to take that away from him.

*

''Boss, you called for me ?'' Mori was staring out the glass wall. ''Yes, Chuuya-kun. I have a question for you ,'' Chuuya stood still, his hand stacked on another at his back like a soldier. ''Do you still keep in touch with Dazai-kun after he left ?'' ''No Boss ,'' Mori turned and looked at him. ''If he shows up again, will you go back to being with him ?''

Chuuya knew the boss would ask him questions like these one day. ''Yes ,'' He decided not to lie, because if he did, there would be trouble in the aftermath. After all, the boss didn't know that Dazai was going to go to the Armed Detective Agency, which was clearly the mafia's enemy. ''Even if he'll be a part of our enemy ?'' Or so he thought. Chuuya was startled to hear that, but he instinctively masked it.

''... yes ,'' He waited for the boss to take action, to punish him or just kill him right there at that moment. Saying 'yes' to that question was unquestionably a declare that he would be a traitor if the boss wasn't one to hear one out before taking action. But Chuuya insisted not to lie, because if there was any chance the boss would agree, he would take it, or die risking all that.

Mori stared at Chuuya in silence. Chuuya didn't know when his throat would be slit. Then Mori finally spoke. ''How are you planning to do that ?'' Chuuya had already thought of that. ''I'll always be loyal to the Port Mafia, things between Dazai and me will not affect work ,'' Mori continued staring at him as he spoke. ''What if I send you to wipe out the entire organisation he's in ?''

Mori got to the point. ''I'll follow orders ,'' Chuuya believed that Dazai would have a perfect plan to keep everyone safe, he always did. Then Mori frowned. ''Well then, what if I send you to kill him ?'' Chuuya didn't panic. ''You won't. He's the best in fiddling with strategies. If a third party ever intrudes Yokohama, threatening both the Port Mafia and the Armed Detective Agency, he'll be the key to deal with them ,''

Mori chuckled. ''Indeed, Chuuya-kun. Indeed. Alright that's all I've been meaning to ask, you're dismissed ,'' Chuuya bowed and walked out the office.

A pair who are enemies at work huh... interesting...

Mori knew even if Chuuya was sent to attack the Armed Detective Agency, he wouldn't do it with full power, but as long as he didn't betray and attack the mafia, he would still be a valuable asset.

*

Chuuya laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

Two years huh... where will you spend all this time at ?