CHAPTER 7

I woke up this morning with a killing headache from all the crying. I walk to the bathroom to do my morning routine. When I have finished taking a shower, I stand in front of the mirror to look at my reflection. I look like dead meat. I tell myself I must stop crying every day because of that asshole. He is not worth my tears. I have to prove to him that he can't control my life. I have to be very strong. If not, he will know he is getting to me. I have to prove him wrong. Once I walk out of this hotel, I intend looking like the happiest person on this planet and not just my usual self. I am going to put on some makeup to make myself feel good and put the most elegant clothes on. I think it's high time I stop letting him always win and walk all over me like he owns me. I need to stand up for myself or this terror will never end. I step out of the bathroom to get ready for today; I have a feeling today is going to be good and hopefully work in my favour.

I have been looking for what to wear for the past hour. If I hadn't woken up early I would have had to wear anything I found. I am about to give up when I see a sky-blue top sticking out from my case. I pull it out and remember I packed a black skirt with a little slit to go with it and red heels to make it perfect.

Once I am ready, I walk out of my room. I go straight to the kitchen to find something to eat. I walk over to the cupboards to see if there is any flour. Maybe I could make some pancakes. I am trying to reach the top shelf to get the flour. I have been hopping up to try and reach without any hope. I am about to give up and look for something else to eat when someone casts a shadow over me. I feel him reach up over me and get me the flour. I turn to see a shirtless, sexy looking chest with sweat dripping from it. He blocks my whole view and is all I can see. I am guessing he just finished working out.

"Hey, here you go. Now you can stop hopping in my kitchen," he says before walking out the kitchen leaving me breathless and in shock from the beautiful view of his sexy body.

I bring myself back to reality and start making the pancakes.

I finish making pancakes, sausage and eggs and I am sitting in the kitchen eating the fantastic breakfast I made.

I hear his voice on the phone reminding me I did not make any for him. I did not want to make breakfast for him as he will just use it as an excuse to insult me or my cooking. Better to be on the safe side, besides I don't care if he eats or not.

He walks into the kitchen with his phone still at his ear and asks me where his breakfast is. I am about to say, I did not know if he would have wanted to eat, so I did not make any for him when a better answer comes to mind.

"I never knew being your personal assistant meant making your breakfast too," I say with a sweet smile planted on my face.

I take my coffee mug and walk out of the kitchen before he is even able to process what I said. I don't know why I just tried to piss him off this early in the morning, but it felt nice. I can't let him always get to me. I think it's time I stand up for myself. The little girl he knew in high school is gone. The new me is re-born today. I hear footsteps walking behind me, I prepare myself for what he has to say, but to my surprise he passes me and does not say anything.

"Get your things we are going to the office," he says, walking out the room not caring if I am following him. He must be pissed off that I did not make breakfast for him. I am so proud of myself right now; one for Kat zero for Enzo.

We arrive at the office after thirty minutes of driving. We step into the building and take the elevator up to the floor his office is on.

I hope today is not going to be like yesterday, where I did nothing all day. Not that I am complaining or anything, but it gets boring at times when you sit in one place for almost the whole day.