A Little Understanding

Your P.O.V

After calming Slenderman down; which, by the way, took way to much effort, we all (yes, even Jeff) went back to the Slender House. Slenderman made Jeff find his own way back. He had picked me up and held me against him, one arm supporting my weight, while he teleported back home.

After arriving in the middle of his living room, he looked me dead in the eyes and told me to go up to my room. Slightly afraid, I began walking out of the room. Half way up the stairs I head the sound on knuckles cracking and could almost feel the fear coming from the other room. I almost felt bad for them. Almost.

Now I was sitting on my bed, trying to sketch the flowers I remembered seeing on our walk. Eventually my drawings turned to that of Slenderman. I blushed after I realised what I had been drawing and slammed my sketchbook shut. Not ten seconds later, Slenderman knocked on my door.

"My child, may I come in?" I heard his voice from the other side of the door.

"Yeah! Come in." I said smiling. The door opened and he stepped in, closing it behind him. I was still laying on my bed so I sat up and as stealthily as I could, shoved the sketchbook under one of the overly comfy pillows.

"I'm... well..." Slenderman started. "I'm... sorry, that I scared you out there."

...

"Eh?" I said, a little bewildered that he would apologise. Sighing, he began again.

"I said, I'm sorry. I should have released that you'd be scared. Your only human after all..." I studied him, trying to figure out his expressionless face. I noted all the details, finding it wasn't so expressionless at all. He looked, guilty. Almost remorseful. I let out a little huff.

"It's ok." I said, a lop-sided smile on my lips. "I don't mind anymore." His face changed again. He looked shocked.

"What?"

"I said it's o-" He cut me off.

"I heard what you said, and no, it's not. It's not ok."

"Yes it-" Cut off again.

"No, it's not! I should have-" This time I cut him off. I'd stood up on my plush bed and grabbed his cheeks, forcing his face close to mine.

"I. Said. It's. Fine. Ok?" I tried to make my face as serious as I possibly could, glaring daggers at him. Slowly, he nodded his head. Smiling, I pulled back, releasing him and plopping back down.

"Good. Well, now that that's out off the way." I said, looking down at my watch. 4:30pm. "What's for dinner?"

"... Really? After that you want to talk about dinner?" He said sounding a little bewildered.

"Really truly." He gave me a kind of dead pan look.

"Hey! Dinner is the most important meal of the day!" I proclaimed.

"I'm pretty sure that's breakfast."

"Nope," I answered back. "Dinner is, because it usually tastes the best and you get dessert afterwards." I stated matter-of-factly. I watched where his mouth should be curl upwards into a kind of smile that seemed to say 'I give up.' Of he had eyes, he probably would have rolled them...

"You are a truly strange human."

"And you, are a truly strange... whatever you are."

And that, is how I made up with the infamous Slenderman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner ended up being roast pork and potato with a side of broccoli and cauliflower covered in white sauce and cheese. Splendor and Trenderman made it while Offenderman made choc chip cookies to sandwich ice-cream between for dessert.