chapter 24. Azken involvement

Xerox is standing on his balcony in his castle. He looks down at the city below.  He hears a familiar voice. 

?: It's so quiet up here. 

He looks to his right and see a familiar woman sitting on the guard rail.

Xerox: What do you want, Clara.

Clara, one of the if not the strongest Azken. The only one brave enough to have a casual conversation with Xerox.

Clara: Not much. Just wanted to see my favorite mortal. 

Xerox: Bullshit. 

Clara: But, Xerox darling! It's true, I promise!

Xerox: I hate it when you call me that.

Clara: *sigh* * mockingly* "why would I ever want to love the same type of creature that murdered my wife and children?" *jokingly* I'm pretty sure that's racist.

Xerox: Just speak you're mind and leave. 

Clara: *giggles* To think that you're this big of a softie for little old me. I bet all the girls are jealous.

Xerox didn't respond.

Clara: You're no fun.  Fine! I came to give you a warning.

Xerox: Azken?

Clara: Worse.

Xerox looked at Clara confused.

Clara: You see, you are a reflection.

Xerox: Pardon?

Clara: There was technically two of you. Two Xerox's with the same goal.  And two Y/n's.

Xerox: The warning! It was-!

Clara: Not a warning of the future, but a warning of what has happened elsewhere.

Xerox: But I saw it through the hourglass of this timeline!?

Clara: You know better. Time demons screw everything up. Nothing make sense once we arrive. 

Xerox: Why tell me this?

Clara: Because, that Y/n has you're strength.  The Azken are fearing for their pitiful lives.

Xerox: If he's stronger than me, how can I win?

Clara: You have you're own Y/n. Time to make some investments.  He's already causing trouble for us. Got his own follower too.

Xerox: That fool.

Clara: Don't worry about it. He's already mentioned you. The Azken are now reluctant to deal with the problem.

Xerox: What about you?

Clara: Wellllll. If he wasn't with you, I'd kill him already. Or maybe I wouldn't and keep things Intresting.  

Xerox: Uh-huh. 

Clara hops off the rail and approaches Xerox. She runs her fingers down his back.

Clara: I remember when you were nothing but a mortal with a dream. You were a joke among the Azken. But now they fear you.  I fancied you from the start. And I still do.

Xerox: You know my answer. It will always be no.

Clara: *chuckles* So sure are you? But I can see the hunger in those eyes. 

Xerox: It's not the hunger that you'd want.

Clara: *sarcastic* Sure it isn't. *normally* You can't hide it forever. One way or another, you'll be mine. 

Xerox didn't respond.

Clara: Nothing to say? So unlike you. Perhaps it'll happen sooner than I thought.  Doesn't really matter, I got all the time in the world.

Xerox: I'd rather die.

Clara: *giggles* If you wish, I can just bring you back to life. Doesn't make a difference to me. 

Xerox: I won't claim to be a saint. But you and all the time demons are worse than me.

Clara: True. But I'm not afraid to say that I love a mortal that could kill me. While you're afraid to say that you love something you hate.

Xerox growls and enters his quarters. 

Clara: Running from a situation hasn't helped you before.

Xerox opens a drawer and pulls out a old family photo. He looks at it and remembers happier times.

Clara teleports behind him.

Clara: It's rude to leave a guest.

Xerox: You are an unwelcomed guest. You are lucky that you are still alive.

Clara: Rude. *sarcastic* Normally when you get a lady into the bedroom, you offer a drink.

Xerox: You're a monster, not a lady.

Clara: *sarcastic* I'm a monster lady. So we're both wrong.

Xerox rolled his eyes.

Xerox: Are you going to bug me until I kill you?!

Clara: That wouldn't be fun.  

Xerox: Then what do you want?

Clara: To make love in the bed.

Xerox face-palmed.

Xerox: Just leave me alone.

Clara: You asked.  I answered.

Xerox: Out of all the Azken to arrive in my home. And I get you.

Clara: Most Azken hide from me.  I'm worth something.

Xerox: I should just kill you and end it.

Clara: But you won't. Because you know that I'll save you if I believe you're in real danger. But nobody else can or will. 

Xerox looked away.

Xerox: If you're finished, I want to go to bed.

Clara: Fine, have it you're way.

Clara vanishes.

Xerox: Y/n you fool. You're lucky they fear me.