5-"Maddy"

Blair didn't exactly know what she wanted in life. Like an end goal. I mean she wanted kids, at least one. She wanted to be stupid rich, but she pretty much already is so what's the difference. Her standards for herself were pretty low.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing. I turned it off and slowly got up. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of gray mom jeans and a light blue cropped shirt. I walked into the bathroom and stared in the mirror. New school, first day. I wasn't exactly nervous but I wasn't excited either. I quickly straightened my hair and put on some mascara. My phone buzzed as I gently put on silver hoops.

"Can you give me a ride to school? My truck has a flat tire" Nate texted. I grinned and tucked my hair behind my hair.

"Sure," I replied walking out. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs.

"Zach you're taking Geneva to school," I said pulling on my shoes. I walked out the door and stopped when I saw Nate leaning against my car.

"Jesus how long have you been waiting?" I asked looking at his football bag.

"5 minutes?" Nate says smiling. I unlocked my car and set my bags in the backseat.

"This is a nice fucking car," Nate said getting in the passenger seat.

"Thank you," I said dropping the roof. I pulled out of the driveway and started driving. I looked at the map for directions.

"So you excited for your first day?" Nate asked looking over at me.

"I mean yeah, I guess, I just need to talk to the cheer coach," I said pulling into the school parking lot. I parked and got out to grab my bags and started walking. Nate walked up next to me hauling all his stuff. I never realized how much of a height difference we had.

"So anything I need to know about this school?" I asked. I looked over and saw two people making out on the side of their car.

"Fuck everyone here, don't get caught up with the druggies, or any of the losers pretty much," Nate said as we walked through the doors. People scattered through the halls. Everyone was so different.

"Maybe i'll see you in the halls, but hey if anyone gives you a hard time tell me okay?" Nate said looking down at me.

"Okay," I said smiling.

"Nathaniel fucking Jacobs!" A girls voice yelled. Nate and I both looked over as a short brunette marched over to us.

"Why the fuck didn't you reply to my text?!" She said. She looked over at me.

"Who the fuck is this?" She asked looking me up and down.

"Blair," I said returning her energy.

"What are you fucking her now?" The girls asked.

"Maddy shes my fucking neighbor, chill," Nate said rubbing his forehead.

"Great," Maddy said storming off.

"That's your ex?" I asked.

"Yeah, sorry about that, she's psychotic," Nate said. I laughed as we kept walking.

"Well that's my class," I said pointing to a classroom on the left.

"Oh yeah, um, good luck," Nate said nodding. I smiled and walked into the classroom. I sat towards the back. A familiar face looked over at me from the left. Rue.

"I've seen you somewhere before," Rue said.

"I saw you at the party last night," I replied.

"Oh, yeah, new girl, what's your name again?" Rue asked.

"Blair," I said quietly as the teacher started teaching.

"Do you know my name?" She asked.

"Are you high right now?" I whispered.

"Maybe a little," she said. I laughed and looked forward.

"You know I think we're going to be really good friends," Rue added. I smiled at her as she leaned back in her chair.