CHAPTER 2

Ella's POV:

"Thank you" I said after some time.

He just nodded and didn't say anything.

Zach has been a person of small talks from the start as I observed him over the ages.

"So umm... why are you going to LA?" I asked him to continue the conversation.

"To attend a meeting" he said and his attention turned to the road again.

"I thought you had a private jet or something for those things" I blurted out without realising.

"Are you stalking me?" he asked glancing at me for a second before turning his gaze to the road.

"Whattt! Why would I do that?" I asked him perplexed.

"You know who I am. You know what I own and how I travel. So I think it is an appropriate thought" he said.

He does make sense from his side.

I just know that because I have seen my dad and brothers doing it all the time so I asked him in reflex.

"I um... I thought all the big hotshots do that. I have seen in dramas and read it in books" I said covering for myself.

"And knowing about you is because as you said everyone knows Zachary Anderson in the US" I added just in case.

"Okay" he said still his attention on road.

"So?" I questioned him curious on why he is driving instead of flying there.

"Uh?" he replied not understanding.

"So why are you driving instead of flying there?" I question him this time.

"My father took the jet and the other is under maintenance" he said to which I just hummed.

"Then what about your driver?" I asked him again.

"You ask too many question!" he exclaimed frustrated.

"Please just this once, please" I replied trying my best puppy eyes which always worked on my family.

But he didn't see me because of the driving but in the end gave sigh and replied "I wanted to drive myself this time"

"And.." when I was starting to ask another question he gave me a death glare in the sideways making me shut up.

After sometime I started feeling sleepy though I tried hard to stay awake I didn't know when I slept.

The next thing I know someone was trying to shake me but I didn't care. After few minutes they gave up and I was about to sleep peacefully when I felt a sudden pain in my arm making me wide awake.

"What the hell! Why did you pinch me?!" I shouted at him.

"It's not my fault lady, I tried waking you up normally but you did so I had no other choice than this" he said looking at me seriously.

"Where are we?" I asked him looking around.

"Where do you think we are? Of course in LA" he said rolling his eyes at me as if I am child.

I came out of the car and looked at the resort we are in front of. I have been here before of course with my family for an event in the past.

He went inside as if he owned the building but I must not be surprised even if he did own this.

I followed him inside and after sometime he turned around giving me confused look.

"Where are following me?" he asked looking at me as if I lost my mind.