Chapter Sixteen: Make It Work.

It was upon the first day of February that Celina realised that something was wrong. Very wrong. She had a hunch for a while after spending time with Rudy, yet, what she found out confirmed the other things she had found. Having brunch with Briar, she kept her phone glued to her hand as she scrolled through her's and Rueben's most recent conversation. Briar was halfway through a pastry before letting out a scoff, placing it on the golden-rimmed plate in front of her. Glaring at the girl, she crossed her arms, "Celina, are you seriously going to sit here on your phone the entire time?" Ripping her eyes from her phone, placing it down as she leaned on her hand, the brunette let out a heavy sigh,
"Have you spoken to Rueben recently?" Briar picked her pastry back up, shoving it in her mouth, smacking her lips together as she chewed,
"Well, I've messaged him. He said that there was a family emergency or something," she said. "I have picked up on the fact that something's off about him. Knowing him might have finally used the money he's gotten and decided he wants to do drugs, pursue a music career," the blonde continued. Despite her paranoia, the brunette giggled at her words,
"Go away, Briar," she grumbled, "I'm being serious. I've been messaging him for the past two days and he's been trying too hard to be himself,"
"I have the solution. Just ask him to go out for coffee or something," Briar dumbly spoke, "actually no; if he's out of town for a family emergency then chances are he won't be able to meet you for coffee,"
"You know, for someone who has come up with some evil plans, there is really nothing up there, huh?"
"Now that's just mean."

Unfortunately for both Rin and Rudy, they failed to realise something that- if it weren't for the drama- would have been a very prominent thing within their day to day lives. They were just a tiny bit famous. As they walked through Ambersage together, they failed to catch sight of a girl who took a photo of the pair as she walked past them, being quick to post it to social media.

Briar's phone exploded at the table, Celina shooting her a weird look, looking towards the woman's phone. "Did you scam someone or something?" she questioned, Briar shaking her head as she picked it up, unlocking it,
"I don't think so. If I did I can't remember." Scrolling through social media, her eyes practically fell out of her head as her cheeks puffed out, shoving her phone in Celina's face. Furrowing her eyebrows, the woman let out a gasp upon seeing a photo of Rin and Rudy walking hand in hand,
"No fucking way!" she exclaimed, "what the hell... are they seeing each other now or something?"
"How am I supposed to know, I've just found out as well," Briar huffed. Cogs turned in Celina's head as her mind raced upon finding out the new information before she gasped aloud, hastily standing up from the table. Briar just about managed to stop her fancy cup of tea from spilling everywhere, watching as the woman rummaged through her purse. "What's the matter with you?"
"I- I have to go and do something," she rambled, slamming notes down on the table before rushing out of the restaurant. Shrugging her shoulders, Briar kept her eyes glued to the figure growing further and further away before snatching the untouched chocolate pastry on the girls plate.

Rin had hoped that after her confession of knowing that Rudy and Celina had a... past, things would have gotten better between her and her girlfriend. However, she was beginning to grow a sense of regret as over the passing days from the incident, Rudy had been overcompensating in an attempt to make the girl feel better. Yet, to Rin, it had ironically been doing the exact opposite of what she had wanted. She didn't feel loved- if anything, she felt like a burden to Rudy. Whether it was the fact that she hadn't been taking her pills or the paranoia she had slowly developed from the guilt she faced after murdering Rueben, she didn't know. But her manic mind struggled to comprehend the love that Rudy had been showing her and had rather represented her with a false reality.

One where Rudy didn't love her for her but rather loved her for who she knew.

Celina plagued her mind, she couldn't shake the image of the girl being in bed with Rudy. Especially when she was laying in that bed beside the same girl. Rin often wondered whether or not Rudy's intents were as pure as she was making them out to be. Did she really love her or did she love having a warm bed? If her past self from three months prior would have slapped her for having these thoughts. She got everything she had wanted yet she had lost so much of what meant the most to her in the process. She had lost herself. Yet, when her mind decided to give her a break, memories made in the short days they had spent together sometimes prevailed at the forefront, marking her face with a grin that would last forever if she could make those memories stay.