66. No Time to Cry

The phone's loud ring echoed through Alessandro's office.

"Rosario"

"Hello there, how is your day going?" Rosario asked.

There were no warm feelings between both gentlemen but Rosario's voice didn't sound serious, unlike Alessandro, he sounded like he was actually enjoying the chaos.

"It would be going better if my bother hasn't been kidnapped," Alessandro said sternly, there was a clear warning in his voice.

"Oh my, what bad news" Rosario said ironically. "Hopefully nothing bad happens to him" he continued in a sweet but malicious voice.

"I want you to think carefully about your actions right now," Alessandro warned without losing his collected attitude.

"Perhaps, you should be more worried if your own actions are careful enough?" Rosario suggested lightly. "Keeping my sister away from me? Now, what would you feel if someone did that to you I wonder?"

"What are you planning to do now?" Alessandro asked, ignoring his question.

"I want my sister back. And in exchange, you may have your brother back"

"You think I will agree to this?" Alessandro asked with disgust.

"Maybe you will become more agreeable when I will send you old fashioned body part package? He's a football player, right? That would mean he doesn't need hands,"

"Let's talk"

***

Three hours later

"What? What do you mean?!" Sofia looked at both of her brothers as if it was the first time she saw that "Did the kidnappers contact you? Do they have any demands?" Sofia jumped on her feet and started pacing around the room. Suddenly she stopped and pointed at Francesco accusingly "You said he went on a camping trip you fucking lied to me!" She yelled, her eyes teared down.

"Sofia-"

"Tell me not to swear and from now on I will add fuck to every sentence for the rest of my life" she warned.

"That's not helpful and it won't change anything. Now stop throwing a fit because that's exactly what we tried to avoid" Alessandro replied in a less kind voice.

Ok. That hurt. She took a deep breath to get it together.

"Have they contacted you?" Sofia started once again, calmer.

"They did" 

"What do they want?"

"Dinner" Alessandro replied.

"I beg your pardon?" Sofia was struck with shock. What the hell did that mean?

"Rosario Denaro invited us for a dinner" he repeated. 

"He stands behind the kidnapping?!" Sofia asked incredulously. 

"Unfortunately, yes"

"What the hell?" She dropped on the couch breathing with relief. "You scared me. He's my brother he's not going to hurt Valentino, right?" she asked, her voice full of hopeful innocence.

"He's more than capable of hurting him, unfortunately," Alessandro said with a heavy heart.

"Why would he do that if he does that I will never forgive him" Sofia brows furrowed. She didn't understand it.

"We don't know if he cares about that yet" Alessandro replied calmly. That got her nervous. What if he will hurt Valentino? What if?

Sofia pulled uneasy thoughts away and asked.