Malika

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

J.R.R. Tolkien

epigraph━━━━━━━

epigraph
━━━━━━━

❝Once upon a time in Baghdad, a slave boy learns from the Malika of the kingdom how a queen saves her king.❞

snippet
━━━━━━

"The months are adding to one another, and each day feels like a month in itself. But this time shall pass too no matter if the wait feels long. And when the current Khalifa completes his tenure, then the day will come when my husband will reclaim the throne. When the court will decide upon the next ruler for this kingdom, I'll make sure it is him. I'll do everything in my power that they favor him. You will see, he'll get there again, and I'll be by his side all along."

"But how will you do it?"

"Just like how a Malika should. Just like how my Khalifa did."

synopsis
━━━━━━━

How fierce can be the lust for power and love?

The Khalifa of Baghdad has lost his title and throne. With the current ruling caliph close to completing his term, he must fabricate a plan to secure the crown and regain his reign.

When Noura, the wife of the prince and a former caliph, finds her way back into the palace, she must master the tricks of the court and crown to be a queen again. But she soon realizes the fight to rule is dire to lose and dirty to win.

With her love split between her husband and her family, things turn complicated when she's forced to take a side. The secrets are many to keep and rules are inevitably to be broken. But when arrows are shot and hearts are at stake, which one will she save and which will become a target before all plots crumble down, including the plot to become a Malika?

author's note
━━━━━━━━━━━

Before you proceed, PLEASE NOTE THAT:

• This book is a sequel to Khalifa and cannot be read as a standalone. The story is a direct continuation of book one and contains spoilers regarding its mystery.

• The characters in the book are Muslims, but represent Islam in no perfect sense, so shall not be judged.

• The book is based on villainy and dark themes. I'm NOT welcoming any opinions about the appropriateness of its content.

• The credits for the photos and quotes/poems used in the book go to their original owners.

• Lastly, the updates on the book might be slow. You're required to be patient if you decide to read on.

Happy Reading (: