Four - Train Ride

Thalia's POV:

After saying our goodbyes, Gale and I are escorted onto the train. Effie shows us to our rooms and tells us to freshen up before dinner which will be in an hour.

So, for the first time since the reaping, I willingly leave Gale's side. "I'm going to go take a shower." I mumble, hugging Gale and then turning to go to my room.

Mine and Gale's room are right across from each other meaning if I wanted to talk to him, I could take just a few steps and by right at his door. 

When I walk into my room, I immediately feel sick to my stomach. The room is very lavish and bigger than the small shack I call home. And that's what makes me sick. Most people in District 12 don't even have houses, let alone ones the size of this single room, not counting the walk-in-closet and bathroom that were attached to the bedroom. 

I try to ignore how depressingly expansive my room is by taking a shower but when I walk into the bathroom, I start feeling sick again. There are so many buttons everywhere and it's literally horrifying.

But after five minutes I finally get the shower to a warm temperature I am comfortable with. I select a honeysuckle scented shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I let the water and soap run down my body as I stand in the shower, trying my best not to think of the games.

Eventually, I get out and press a button which dries off my body and hair. I then brush my hair out before butting on a pair of black shorts and a big, short sleeved t-shirt that nearly covers my shorts. 

"Thalia, dinner's ready. Come eat!" I hear Effie call from the dining area. 

As I arrive so does Gale and we take a seat next to each other.

"So," Gale begins to address our mentor, Haymitch. "Any tips for the games."

"Stay alive." Haymitch grumbles before staggering out of the room and towards the bar.

"Well then," Effie clears her throat. "Let's watch the rest of the reapings, shall we?" 

Gale and I nod and take a seat on the couch. We watch District 1 first, the girl tribute (Glitter I think her name was) looks like she should be in a beauty pageant instead of the Hunger Games. The male tribute, Marvel, however, is a threat.

Gale seems to agree as he whispers to me, "We need to look at for him."

"Agreed." I whisper back.

The tributes from 2 are equally dangerous and Gale and I silently agree they too are a threat. No one else really catches my eye until District 11. The little girl tribute is a twelve-year-old and she strongly reminds me of Primrose.

"Prim." I mutter under my breath, but Gale apparently hears me because he says, "Me too, love."

Then the male tribute is big and strong, so he's most definitely a threat. 

Then there's our reaping and I can't help but cringe at how I broke down. Finally, we finish watching the reapings and head off to bed.

"Get some sleep, dear." Effie says softly as she leads me back to my room. "You have a big, big, big day tomorrow!"

I lie down and try to sleep but after tossing and turning for a few hours I get up and go to Gale's room.

"Gale?" I whisper into the darkness of the room.

"Lia, what's wrong." He whispers back from somewhere in the room.

"I can't sleep. Can I stay in here for a little bit?"

"Of course, love."

I feel around the dark room until I finally find a lamp. Quickly, I turn it on and make my way over to Gale. I climb into bed next to him and lay my head down on his chest.

This is a normal occurrence for Gale and I. Sometimes, we'll be hunting in the woods and then the fence will come on so Katniss, Gale, and I will camp out in the woods. So, when this happens Gale and I will cuddle up together to stay warm.

We lay there for a second forgetting all about the Games, the future, and what's going on back home. 

For a second, I feel something new, something different. And it might just be love.

*****************************************

A/n:

Hey guys, new chapter but I apologize for not updating for a while. But seriously this book is getting ten times more reads then I thought, so yay! Please make sure to vote, comment, and check out my other fanfics.

Love y'all and happy reading!

WORD COUNT: 751 words