Chapter 5

I poured milk into the bowl and then some cereal. I took a spoon and set it in the bowl.

When I turned back, I jumped and shrieked at the sight of the ghost standing there a few steps away from me.

I was breathing heavily. Thankfully I didn't drop the bowl, I was holding it firmly.

I glared at him and went to sit on the stool to have my meal.

He came towards the counter and sat in front of me.

I tensed at his action, why is he sitting here. I looked up at him and I noticed that he had changed his clothes. Yesterday, he was wearing a hoodie and today he is wearing a black wife-beater and a black leather jacket. How does he even have these clothes? Do ghosts change clothes?

"What?" He asked.

"Huh?" I was in deep thoughts that I didn't hear him.

"You want to ask something, what is it?" He said.

Yeah, feeling my aura and all. Ass!

"How do you have clothes and do ghosts change their clothes?" I asked.

"Yes, I have a lot of clothes and I can do anything I want." He said cockily.

I didn't know what to say. So I stayed silent.

When I glanced at the clock I jolted up, I'm going to be late for school.

"Shoot, I'll be late."

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"To school" I said hurriedly and picked up my bag and left for school.

I reached my school before the bell could ring. I went to the locker and took out the books I needed for the first class.

I headed towards my class and went to the back to sit. I settled down and took my phone out of my pocket. I unlocked it and there were no texts, no emails, nothing. Well because I have no friends. I was always alone, nobody ever came up to me to talk or to be friends. I was a nobody. I never had a boyfriend mainly because no boy ever noticed me. I switched my phone off and shoved it inside my pocket.

Soon after, my English teacher Mrs Jenkins came in.

Just like that, the day dragged on and now it was lunchtime. I went to the canteen and got some French fries and sat alone at a table in the corner of the room.

While I was eating, a boy came up to me.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked politely.

I was surprised to see a cute boy wanting to sit beside me.

I nodded my head no. He smiled and sat beside me. He leaned a little towards me and said "ok don't freak out when I tell you this."

"What do you mean?" I got confused.

"It's me, Adam." He said.

My eyes widened in shock. "What?" I almost screamed.

Now everyone's attention was on me. They were giving me weird looks. I mumbled sorry to them. And turned my head towards the boy.

"Didn't I tell you to not freak out?"

"What the fuck are you doing here? How are you even here?" I asked.

"I was bored at home, so I came with you and got into this body so that I can talk to you." He explained.

"So you were with me this whole time? How come I didn't see you?" I asked. 

"Yes and you can't see me outside of that house." He said.

"Oh" Was all I said. Why can't I see him outside of that house? But I decided to drop it for now.

The bell rang indicating that lunch was over.

As I headed towards my locker to get my books, I noticed he was still following me. I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Why are you still here?" I asked.

"Where else would I be?" He said arrogantly.

Ignoring him I fetched my books and went to my class as I sat at the back, I saw that he sat beside me.

"Why are you here?" I asked irritatedly.

"What! I also want to learn." He said faking innocence.

I rolled my eyes at him and proceeded to open my book.

He gripped my wrist tightly which was on the bench and leaned towards my ear, "Didn't I tell you to not roll your eyes at me." He said huskily, brushing his lips on my earlobe, sending a shiver down my spine. His demeanour changed from nonchalant to dark instantly.

"Next time you roll your eyes at me there will be consequences." He let go of my wrist and sat straight.

My eyes were wide, what does he mean by consequences? Will he hurt me?

Soon, Mrs Johan came in, my history teacher.

I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying as I was in deep thoughts.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Adam said "Why did you move out of your previous house?"

"Because of my parents, they are drug dealers. They always stay at home snorting all types of drugs, they won't work anywhere. They forced me to work. I had to work three jobs. It was so hard balancing work and my studies. Few years ago, they started physically abusing me as if mentally abusing me wasn't enough. Their tortures and beatings crossed the limit, so I had to move out." I sadly said, replaying all the horrible memories.

I looked back at him and saw that the entire time I was speaking, he was looking at me. I saw something flash in his eyes, like a feeling or more specifically sympathy, but it was gone as soon as it came.

He didn't say anything, he just hummed in response.

"Can I ask you some questions?" I asked. 

"Yeah, go on." He said.

"How old were you when you died?" I asked the first thing that came to my mind.

"20 years old." He said. "I have been 20 years old for 172 years." He added.

I gasped in shock. Omg, he has been wandering on this earth for 172 years?

Please vote and follow.❤️
Thank you.💕