66

Shen Yu tilted his head. "If Your Majesty wants to ask a question, just ask, don't just move your hands."

Shang JunLin rubbed Shen Yu's neck, then let go. He said frankly, "This emperor likes to touch Ah Yu. Does Ah Yu like it?"

Shen Yu blushed slightly. He lowered his eyes and didn't answer.

Shang JunLin thought too much teasing would scare him away, so he changed the subject. "The King of Yue has been clamoring to see this emperor for some time."

"The King of Yue?" Shen Yu looked up. "What does he want?"

When discussing the King of Yue, Shang JunLin's eyes darkened. "He says he's innocent and hopes this emperor will find the truth and clear him of guilt."

"What about his hidden supporters? Has there been any movement?" Shen Yu remembered Shang JunLin saying the previous emperor had left a significant inheritance for the King of Yue.

"It's strange, but after the He family came to the capital, they haven't made any moves. It's like they only came here to enjoy themselves." Shang JunLin had ordered the Hidden Dragon Guard to pay close attention to what happened in the capital. "This emperor thought they'd take action."

"What about Little Young Master He?" Shen Yu thought about it. If the He family did something, that would be fine, but a complete lack of action was disturbing.

"There are no changes." After the attempted jail break, Shang JunLin tightened security around Little Young Master He. Maybe in the past there was a chance for someone to secretly rescue him, but there was no chance at all now.

"Don't worry." Shang JunLin went over to Shen Yu, took the young man into his arms, and printed a kiss on the side of his neck. "This emperor will take care of it."

"The He family came to the capital for a reason. Since they're here, they're going to do something. All we have to do is wait." Worrying about the problem wouldn't solve it. Shen Yu stopped thinking about it.

"What Ah Yu said is right."

In the small courtyard where the He family was staying:

"Father, are we really going to sit here and do nothing?" Eldest Young Master He had an unhappy expression on his face. "My younger brother is nowhere to be found. When we came to the capital, you didn't say what we were going to do. Did you bring us here just for fun?"

"I'm worried about your younger brother, too." The head of the He family knew his youngest son was in the dark prison. Of course he felt anxious. Who wouldn't? Everyone who entered that place was guaranteed to lose a layer of skin. But what was the use of fretting about it? It wasn't like he could break into the prison now.

"It doesn't look like Father is worried at all," Eldest Young Master He said coldly. "If Father was truly concerned, you would have inquired everywhere about my younger brother's whereabouts when you came to the capital, but what did you actually do? You told us to keep quiet, avoid exposing ourselves, and not take any action."

"There's obviously a reason for that," the He family patriarch said, frustrated.

"What reason could there be? What's more important than finding my didi?" Eldest Young Master He was dissatisfied. "I don't think Father has the slightest intention of finding him at all. If Father doesn't want to do it, give me some men and I'll go and find him myself."

"Shut up!" The He family patriarch trembled with anger. "What did I say before we came here? You have to be careful about everything. The capital isn't like home. If you're not extremely cautious, you'll make a grave mistake. Now stay put and don't set foot out of this courtyard without my permission!"