Chapter 22

Chapter 22
________________________

Her small hand shakes mine as her blue eyes tried to find my shocked eyes. This isn't real.......but she's standing right in front of me. The girl who dated Rider for sometime and he supposedly was "in love" with her, is right here.

Arlene.

At first, I thought it was just a coincidence, but then she said something that just kinda revealed herself. "Do you know anyone named Daniel Masterson that goes to your high school?"
My chest tightens up, but I couldn't lie to her face if she was going to see him either way. "Y-yeah. You know him?"
Arlene shyly looks away but I saw a small smile creep on her face. "Yeah..."

We stay there in silence and I could tell my mom found this very.....unusual so she asked if we were hungry. Tony cheered for some food while grabbing both Arlene and I by the shoulders and taking us to the kitchen.

But something hit me---
I pulled away from Tony's arm and stood by myself at the living room. My mom saw what happened and looked at Tony, who seemed confused. Amelia?....."
Sh!t.
I felt uncomfortable there, that we were able to become a family again that quickly---and that scared me. It didn't feel right, not now.....

I clear my throat and start to back away. "I-I have to go.......Taylor asked me to sleep over at her house today so I have to go." My mom nods her head, but I saw the sadness in her eyes, like she knew this was going to happen. Arlene was about to say something, but I got out the house before she said anything at all. My chest was hurting all of a sudden, and it felt so foreign to me.

Like.....I was upset. Not because of the family thing, but.......

After minutes of running, I finally reached the house I didn't expect myself to approach. It was already dark, but it wasn't late. I reached for the doorbell and pressed it. Unexpectedly, Rider answers it with Blake by his side. "Amelia!" Blake chirped.

My chest stops hurting for a moment as I see Blake's smiling face, and I look up at Rider, and my chests stops hurting completely. "Sage.....you're not supposed to work here until tomorrow."
He stares at me with a concerned look which makes me nervously look away. "Y-yeah.....but I want to stay here tonight. A-and hang out with Blake too so....yeah."

I mentally slap myself for being such a horrible liar, but Rider just let me in the house. Blake grabs my hand and he pulls me in the house while taking me somewhere. The house still looks the same, everything looks spotless as usual. We passed through the living room where surprisingly, Rider's parents were at. They both wave and smile at me and then continued to talk to each other.

We finally stop, and we were at my room where Sebastian, Reena and her campions were at. "Good evening, Miss Amelia." A small smile spread across my face as I dashed towards Sebastian and hugged him, almost knocking him over. "Sebastian!"
He looked surprised, but gladly returned my hug. "It's very nice to see you again." He said.

"They didn't fire you?" I asked. Sebastian clears his throat and smiles a little. "Actually," he started, "they did fire me, but then after a few days, Mrs.Masterson came crying to me, apologizing and asking me to come back. I couldn't say no to that."
Sebastian comes close and whispers in my ear, "I wish I took a picture of her, it was actually quite funny to me."

I smile and giggle at him as bows and leaves the room. Reena clicks her tongue and hugs me including Blue and Pink. "Ah! It's so wonderful to have you back Amelia! We really, really, really missed you." I actually did miss these odd girls. The girls all nodded and agreed to what Reena said and they all surrounded me. Blue eyed Blake, who was cheerfully sat on my bed and patiently waited.