chapter 41

Damon had such a smug grin on his face when they went down for dinner. He was her favourite, he wanted everyone to know that but since only half of them knew she was talking he would just have to settle for rubbing it in Dante's face.

Alesandro was back with Lexi but even Lexi couldn't get him angry. Not yet anyway.

Dinner was quite tense at least to start with. Damon couldn't help glancing at Emilia from time to time, he was still concerned about her. She was right it might just be nerves but it might also be anxiety. He worried greatly about her.

Emilia noticed it and quickly wrote down

I thought you didn't want to waste you expert stalking skills on a brat like me

She passed it to Damon who read it trying to keep a straight face, he couldn't help but smile.
"Fucking brat" he muttered, maybe a bit too loud because they all heard. After all no one spoke.

"Damon" Alesandro started about to scold him.

Lexi smiled thinking her sister was in trouble.

Emilia knew what was coming so she grabbed her notebook and quickly wrote : it's an inside joke, he didn't mean it as an insult, I was making fun of him. She got up and gave it to Alesandro who read it carefully before backing down. "Very well, Damon watch your language in the future" Alesandro had glanced at the words above about his stalking and he couldn't help smile.

Lexi really thought this was it, Damon was going to show Emilia just how weak she is.

When Emilia sat back down and continued to eat, Lexi wasn't happy. Why were they allowing her to eat? Why wasn't she getting beaten.

"Something in your mind Lexi" Mason said noticing how irritated she looked. He was growing a little suspicious.

"Not really im just feeling irritated after watching another video bullying me" she lied easily.

"How much do you want to bet a new apology video is coming out" Damon whispered to Emilia who only just managed to keep a some what straight face.

Dinner passed quickly and Damon beckoned Emilia to follow him.
"Not so fast Damon, we still need to discuss the consequences for injuring Lexi" Alesandro spoke up.

"Because I'm the big bad monster who beat my sister" Damon was snarky.
I think that title goes to Lexi. He didn't voice his thoughts.

"Everyone out" Alesandro ordered.

Damon grabbed hold of Dante's arm before he could leave "watch her, don't let her out of your sight" he whispered. Dante nodded and left.

It was finally just Alesandro and Damon. Hell soon broke loose.

Meanwhile Dante stuck with Emilia, and Lexi didn't do anything. He didn't make it too obvious as they had gone to his room and gamed.

Dante even let her play some shooting game, she forgot what he called it now but there was guns and they went round killing people. At first Dante was dead against it but Emilia had refused to play another racing or football game.

"Shoot him" Emilia said, they were both on the same team.

Dante missed on purpose letting himself be killed, he wanted to see her reaction.

"God you're a rubbish shooter, I wouldn't trust you with a real gun, you would end up shooting an innocent bystander"

Little did Emilia know she had just told one of the best shooters that he was a rubbish shooter, he wasn't fully in the Mafia but he was just as good.