Chapter One

I don't know for how long I have slept, but I finally decide time to open my eyes, and inspect the surroundings. The location I woke up in is unfamiliar; anxiety being the only vibe this place gives off.

My memory is foggy; I can't remember how I got here, nor what had happened before I fell unconscious. This sort of nausea is something I haven't experienced yet, so a serious event must have occurred to put me into this kind of state.

I try to stand up, but I stumble immediately; seems like whatever caused me to pass out is still having an effect. I lean against a nearby wall - to gain more stability - and look around the room; trying to figure out a way out.

The room looks quite plain; metal walls - divided into smaller rectangular panes - each of them with 'X' shaped beams made of steel; for added structural support. Cables and other electrical equipment run along the edge where the walls meet with the ceiling; it also being divided into these smaller rectangular sections.

Ring shaped lights are built into every one of these roof panels; illuminating the room with a cool tone of white. It all feels very hostile, so I decide to not waste any more time here.

After gaining more confidence in my ability to walk, I let go of the wall that was supporting me before, and start walking towards one of the doors.

However, as soon as I get sufficiently close, I sense footsteps on the other side. The person who is about to come in probably wouldn't be too happy about me roaming around here, so I swiftly dodge to one side of the door; hoping that they won't look around the corner.

As I hear the door open - and see the creature come in - I can't help but smirk. Is this what I was afraid of? The being is barely two thirds of my height, with their torso resembling anything but a threat. They wouldn't be able to hurt me, even if I was tied up, and unable to fight back.

But luckily I'm not physically restrained in any way, so I yank the creature by the collar of their uniform, and smash them against the wall; causing them to let out an auditable yelp.

"Shh!" I silence them, not wanting more people to be alerted to my position; if there are any.

They try to escape, but it's essentially useless against my grasp. I don't even need to put much effort into it; holding them in place requires only a glimpse of my strength. It's almost like handling a child.

After a while, they finally seem to understand that resisting me is pointless, so their posture loosens a little, and they stop thrashing around so much. "Are you done?" I raise an eyebrow at them; keeping my voice down.

"Can you-" a muffled sound comes out, causing me to realize my hand is still covering their mouth. They tear it off before I get a chance to react, and glare at me annoyed: "Put your hand down? Thanks."

I should be the agitated one here, but seeing them struggle so much is just too entertaining, so I instead feel rather amused.

But let's not lose focus; I need to find out where I am. "So? Mind telling me where the heck am I?"

They remain silent, and keep staring at the ceiling, as if pretending they didn't hear me.

"Hey!" I smack them against the wall once more; hoping this time they will pay more attention. "I asked something."

"Ouch, maybe turn it down with the violence-"

"Maybe answer my question."

A few moments pass by - creating an awkward silence between us - but then they finally decide to speak: "Ugh, okay, whatever. You are in sector D; planet 21."