Chapter 6: The Runaway Train

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

Helen sat on her Elasticycle listening to police radios for crime.

"Seems strange to wait for crime." Helen commented.

...

Winston and his sister were sitting in a van watching her.

"Relax. Your sitting smack in the middle of the worst crime area in the city. It's perfect. It's a superhero's playground!" Winston said.

...

"You know, after we went underground my husband used to listen to a police scanner, waiting for something to happen. And I got mad at him for it."

She laughed. "Oh, I'm such a hypocrite."

"All units. We've been picking up some chatter about potential disruptions to the hovertrain's opening ceremony." A police officer said.

"Disruption or threat?" Someone asked.

"Both. Stations at fifty fourth and Nottingham."

...

Winston gasped excitedly. "A potential threat! Perfect! Fifty Fourth and Nottingham. Go, go, go!"

...

Helen activated her bike and sped off.

...

Vince was in the bathroom blow drying his hair to get ready for his date with the girl of his dreams.

"Hey Vi! I want you back here by 10:30." Bob told him.

"11-ish?" He asked hopefully.

"10-ish, heading for 9:30-ish." Bob warned.

"10:30-ish it is." He replied.

"Enjoy the movie." Bob said.

...

Bob sat in a rocking chair with Jack-Jack reading him a story.

" 'In the county of Noddoff...the Frubbers of Freep...are all giving in to the sweet succor of sleep.' "

Jack-Jack nodded off, and Bob placed him in his crib.

...

Bob collapsed onto the sofa and turned on the TV. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to watch much because Dash came up to him and held up his math textbook.

...

Bob and Dash sat at the kitchen table doing math and Bob was writing on a notepad.

"That's not the way you're supposed to do it, Dad. They want us to do it this way." Dash held up the book.

"I don't know that way! Why would they change math? Math...is...math!" Bob exclaimed.

(Y'all, this is literally my dad whenever me or my siblings asked for help with math. 😂😂😂)

"I'll just wait for mom to get back." Dash said.

"What? She won't understand it any better than I do."

They were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the TV. Bob ran over and saw Jack-Jack sitting on the couch holding the remote.

...

" 'All over Doozle-Dorf, the Fribbers of Frup are going to sleep, cause they just can't keep up. All over Doozle Dorf, Doozles are dozing. Eyelids so heavy they're drooping.' "

The Incredibles IIOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara