𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝑾𝒐𝒐𝒅𝑳𝒐𝒄𝒌

Chapter 01
The Beast Of WoodLock

****
3rd Person Point Of View

The beast ran through the forest. The forest it owns. It's large muscles flexing as it did. It's dark black fur flowed in the wind. It's large knife-like claws gripped the earth underneath them as it sprinted throughout the woods. Drool hung from it's defined muzzle, a muzzle that is full of razor sharp teeth.

All you could see was its 7ft tall shadow as it stood up on it's hind legs, and continued to chase it's prey. Running like a man.

The moon shone down on the beast. It's loud growls and heavy paws. It fell down onto its four paws once again making the ground shake.

The magnificent animal bolted through the rocky woods, swerving between trees. It's glowing, devil-like yellow eyes zoning in on the terrified deer.

Getting closer, and closer.

It growled in hunger as it approached the deer. Suddenly the forest went still, the beast launched itself towards the deer. Within seconds, the screams of the deer echoed through the woods like nothing you've ever heard before.

Campers near by stopped what they were doing to listen to the animal die in pain. "Poor animal, hunters probably got it" The young boy, Jeremy Jones, sighed. Jeremy Jones is a tall enough, small muscles looking boy with shaggy blonde hair and you're typical blue eyes. He attends WoodLock High along with George.

"Oh no, that's no hunter Jones. It's too dark for it to be a hunter" George Street muttered as he poked the fire with the small stick in his hands. George Street on the other hand is much different compared to his stereotypical jock friend. George is large and tall, buff and strong with curled black hair and big grey eyes.

"George is right, ain't no hun'ers in these woods no more" An old man said as he approached the two boys. Lennie West.

Old Lennie West has been in these woods since he was just a boy. Hunting, fishing, swimming and camping. Lennies long grey hair covers his dull brown eyes, as he stand at 6'1, matching height with George. Lennie put his hands in his pockets, the pockets in his old brown fishermen jacket. While a pair of old wore down blue jeans covered his legs. "Why? I thought you hunted here?" Jeremy said as he pulled at the blanket around his shoulders, a chill ran up his spine.

"Oh all that stopped six years ago. Why you boys ask? 'cause that's when the beast moved in. Six years ago, four boys from the city went out camping here, just up those mountains, not far from 'ere. They never came back, coppers were called up and.... Well what they was finding wasn't pretty" Lennie sighed with the shake of his head. Pieces of twigs and leaves fell from his cap as he did so.

"W-what'd they find Lennie?" George asked in fear. "They found two of the boys at the camp, ripped apart, barely make 'em out. Blood and limbs everywhere, tents ripped and food stolen. Claw marks all over the ground, big claw shaped holes in the boys chests." The boys shivered.

"They was looking for three months for the other two, and one day they got a call from a bunch a hikers from the big city. On up the coppers went. And there lay 'nother one of the four boys, the beast must've dragged the poor bastard into the woods and played with 'im. His eyes were hanging out of the sockets, his fingers were snapped in all different directions, toes missin', nose gone and pieces of hair was ripped out. His skull was cracked right open, stomach was inside out and his insides were everywhere. They was saying the boy was alive during the whole thing. He felt everything. Horrible, absolutely horrible it was".

By the time Lennie had finished his story, both young men were shaking in fear but were clearly trying to pretend they weren't. The images of the three boys in their head. All ripped up and dead.

"What if that happens to us? Will we every be found? What if it rips my stomach out and I feel everything!" George thought in his head as the colour drained from his face.

"What if it's watching us right now? Waiting for us to sleep and then kill us all! Wait... Lennie said there were four boys? What happened the last one?" Jeremy shivered at the thought.

"W-what about the last boy? Y-you said there w-were four?" Jeremy asked, receiving a deadly glare from his friend George.

Lennie shook his head and looked up at the two boys. Lennie looked scary from through the fire, the boys subconsciously shuffled closer to one an other.

"He's alive. He crawled into town the morning after they found the third boy, right up the main road leaving a blood trail behind him. No legs, completely ripped off. He was covered in blood, and some of it wasn't even his. A big claw mark right down his face, leavin' his face all messed up and missing most of his nose. He was asked about what happened." Lennie whispered as if the dead boys were listening.

"What'd he say?" George asked. "He said he didn't know what he'd saw. Said they were all hanging out by the fire when there was a loud growling noise, all he could remember was a 7ft tall beast. A monster. He'd say it was pure black with big teeth and even bigger claws, like a man mixed with a wolf. But scarier, bigger, more dangerous than a werewolf. A beast. A monster. With big glowing eyes, he said he can remember hearing his friends screaming as the beast ripped open there chests and ate their flesh right infront of him. He and the other ran, they didn't make it very far. And his friend didn't make it at all. After it ripped his legs off and battered him agianst the tree, it started to rip his friends inside out as he screamed and cried in pain. He got away. Says a woman saved 'im. A beautiful women, like no other, she was like an angel. She took him back to town, ran off after touching his chest and suddenly he couldn't feel anymore pain. He kepts cracking on 'bout a beautiful woman, an angel women." Lennie said quietly while looking around.

"From that day forward, people who came out here and up into the mountains started to go missing. Some came back, saying the angel saved them. Others didn't make it. They say sometimes you can still hear the screams of the other three boys, god bless their souls" Lennie sighed. "No way to go".

"A beast?" George gasped.

"A monster?" Jeremy shivered.

Lennie looked up at them through the blazing fire. Shook his head and said.

"The Beast Of WoodLock."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ - 1164