No Regrets

Park Jimin
"Yeah, Jimin don't you agree?"

"Jimin?"

"Jimin..."

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I quickly look away from the window, and towards my family.

"I'm sorry, huh?"

My Mom laughs.

"We said you did amazing, and you won the talent show too! We didn't know there'd be a winner!"

"Yes, everyone voted for you, and I'm not at all surprised. You sounded and looked so amazing up there kiddo," my Dad adds.

I softly smile and nod my head.

"Thank you guys..."

"Who would've thought you could write your own song, and make your own dance?" Jin says.

I try my best to smile at him as he pats my shoulder.

It's really hard to smile right now.

My heart is aching.

"And the way you were tearing up on stage, you were really feeling the song weren't you? What inspired you to write a song like that?" Jin asks.

I swallow hard. I can't tell him, right?

I look at my parents in the front seat, waiting for a response as they stare at the road, then I look back into Jin's eyes.

No, I can't..

"Uhm...a Drama I'm currently watching. One of them is in love with other, who isn't in love back," I say softly.

Jin awww's loudly as he squeezes my cheeks.

"My baby brother is the cutest human on earth!"

I scoff as I move my head back.

Something in me just went off after hearing him coo at me while calling me his baby brother.

"Jin, please! I'm not a kid! Everyone already views me as one, and you're not helping, gosh you only ever make things worse!"

I breathe heavily as I look at the shocked expressions on my parents and Jin's faces.

What just came over me?

I look into Jin's eyes filled with worry, then I automatically remember.

Oh, right, everyone's view of me as if I'm five years old. That's what got over me.

I feel my eyes water, but I instantly wipe them.

I scoff as I go back to staring out the window.

"Jimin-"

"Please, Jin...leave me alone."

Even after winning, everything, I'm still heart broken.

To be honest, nothing else matters if the person you're in love with, isn't In love with you back.

"Can you turn the music up, please?" I ask.

My mom slowly nods her head as she turns up the radio.

I let out a quiet cry, that only Jin can hear.

"Gosh, I'm so mad at you," I whisper.

He looks at me with shock.

"What? Jiminie, what did I do?"

"You told him to get close to me...y-you brought him into my life...you view me as a kid...you don't ever help the situation.." I say as my lips quiver.