Box 2

Alexei 

Out of all the cars the Schleifer family has, Paisley took her sweet time roaming her eyes through their garage dwelling on what she'll use. She seemed as if it was her first time entering inside their cover of expensive vehicles from the way she silently checked on each car.

She stopped at an Aston Martin vantage. "This one" she pointed at the onyx black car. And Carver wasn't a novice to know that a single compartment of that vehicle could load millions of empty stomachs. Though he didn't dwell on that thought any longer, it didn't concern him that much.

Carver took the keys from a glass box guarded with a passcode. He entered the code and took the key to the car.

As it seemed, on their way to the diner, silence didn't visit them. The heiress was an all-time talker that sometimes Carver wanted to seal her mouth with bullets straight to her skull.

"Do you play chess?" Paisley said.

"I don't," Carver answered, which is an utter lie.

"How about drinking games?"

"I don't ma'am"

"You're boring"

"My apologies,"

"Do you want to head?"

Carver accidentally stepped on the brake.

"Xios! Goodness," Paisley exclaimed, caressing her head that had hit on the front.

"My fault, your guards are tailing us. And by the speed you requested a while back, they might not be able to follow us in guaranteeing your safety"

He saw Paisley rolling her eyes. She took her phone from her bag and immediately called someone. Carver heard her arguing and after a couple of minutes she hung up.

"I expected much from you Xios, but you're sort of an idiot you see," the lady said. Oh, how Carver wanted to detonate a bomb in her room.

He was about to speak when Paisley took the floor again. "They would be able to follow. Just do your thing, never underestimate our men"

"I understand," Carver said, beginning to take hold of the wheel again.

The rest of the trip was just Paisley chattering about stuff that Carver had no interest in. He kept his eyes on the road but still listened to the lady to gather minor information about her. Who knows? He could use that on his bidding someday.

They stopped at the diner. No people were coming from there as Paisley had brought the whole reservation for her. And it's a normal thing to do for people who're affiliated with the mafia. They needed to take extra precautions since their legacy depended on a single shot.