Chapter 5

"Tenryuubito, slaves and human shop." Kid scoffed as a Celestial walked in, a big chain lease trailing behind him to the former Pirate Captain Jean Bart. Charlotte pulled her scarf higher, glaring through the square goggles at the back of the Tenryuubito. "Compared with the purity of greedy nobles, the villains of the world look pretty damn humane. They don't even understand that the world is in this state because scum like them control it. We got our bad side, but we got our cute side too, right, Killer."

"No mistake..." Killer responded. The two speaking above her again. Each one was standing on either side of her and it annoyed her slightly that she was once again caught between their conversation. She ignored it though, eyes focusing on the familiar boiler suits and yellow hoodie sitting a few rows down from them.

Her target! Her eyes glimmered, happily. Why he was here eluded her thought. Actually, why were any of them in this blasted hell hole? "What are we doing here?" Charlotte asked again, arms crossed over her chest. She wasn't going to take the same wishy-washy answer as before. There seems more to it if two rookie pirate groups both decided it be worth their time to visit the same place. She doubted that they all had the same distasteful hobby.

"To buy anyone interesting who comes up." He responded as if it was obvious, then turned his direction from the huntress towards the rival. "Isn't that right, North Blue's 200 million bounty, Trafalgar Law?"

Charlotte stepped out at the name, fingers inching for her blades at the threat of battle in his voice. That was her target, but she knew better than to draw attention. Especially when there was a Celestial in the room. "What?" Kid asked, eyes drifting away from where Law flipped him and towards the woman's movements and the suddenly ominous aura around her.

"... It's stuffy in here." She responded after a moment, the killing intent somewhat quelled. Kid quirked a brow at her and refocused on the stage before him. The finger closest to her felt itchy.

She with the Kid Pirates? Law thought, recognizing the flamboyant red scarf and leather-bound arms easily. The sliver of metal where her blades had ripped through a reminder of her earlier battles. It didn't look as if they were on friendly terms earlier. He thought she was a bounty hunter.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my apologizes for the delay. Grove 1's traditional monthly human auction will open for bidding shortly!" The announcer, a man with long flamboyant hair and star-shape glasses, announced. Law refocused his attention before him along with Kid while Charlotte mood soured further.

Charlotte watched with disdain as humans and other races collected within the month were pulled onstage, hands and neck bound with the infamous bomb collar that marked an individual a slave. Murmurs and happy cheers rumbled across the auction house and starting prices were easily bid upwards and slaves were marked sold. With each gavel, her mood worsened.

Platinum eyes were about glossed over when the large auction doors next to her opened and Charlotte welcomed the distraction, happily. Her face fell at the sight of a furry mammal with a pink backpack she swore she saw on a different creature earlier.

"Boss, those guys are from the Straw Hat Pirates." Heat informed in a hushed whisper, gesturing to the new incomers: 'Cat Thief' Nami, 'Black Leg' Sanji, 'Iron Man' Franky along with a furry mammal and another person they didn't recognize.

"I don't see their captain though. I would have liked to see first-hand just how big an idiot he is." Kid chuckled and Charlotte couldn't disagree more. She rather not meet the Devil Fruit using half of the crew. Especially their idiotic captain of the crew who had been more than miraculous in their journeys so far. It was still a mystery how they managed to survive this long.