Chapter 2: Carlos

After 160 race starts and 4 teams, I have yet to get my maiden win in Formula 1. I am starting to turn into a joke especially with my name. My father is a 4 time rallycross champion, almost royalty in Spain in terms of motorsport. While I am seen as someone who only got to where I am because of my name. It is frustrating sometimes because I know I have what it takes to win races. Especially now with a fast car like Ferrari.

Silverstone is the next race in the calendar and I want to prepare for it because it can be a bit tricky with the weather.

"Caco, we need to fly in two days early to Silverstone. I need to adjust my body to the time." I told my cousin and my manager,  shi is also named Carlos but his nickname is Caco.

"One thing you can adjust is to stop late night parties and hanging out with different women every night. That would help you adjust to the time, but okay I will see what I can do if we can make arrangements to fly in from Madrid earlier than everyone else". He said frustrated.

He's right. I have been having way too much fun partying and drinking that I lose track of time. As a racer, I see time differently. Every second or even tenth of a second matters because it could mean a victory or a defeat. In a way, racing is not only racing against other drivers, it is racing against yoursef and against time.

I live a fast paced life and i enjoy it that way but maybe i should stop getting way to much fun and focus more on racing.

Alcohol and women couldn't change the past so I should just focus on the present and the future.

I had my heart broken. I lost my fiancé to another man. Racing is all I have left. I have to make the most out of it, afterall, it has been my life.