Chapter One Hundred And One

Jiang Ningbao went back to Duke Ding Residence with Xie Heng. The best embroider in the embroidery department, Embroider Zhang, and four servants had arrived and they were waiting for Duke Ding to return.

Old Madam Xie was very serious in preparing her son's wedding. She especially went to the imperial palace to get the emperor's agreement so her son's wedding suit and Ningbao girl's wedding dress would be made by the imperial embroiders.

"Old madam, the duke and Jiang fourth miss came back together." Butler Zhao immediately reported to Old Madam Xie once he entered Thriving Joy Hall.

Old Madam Xie was happy, "Quick, let them in. Don't let the imperial embroiders wait too long."

Around fifteen minutes later, Jiang Ningbao and Duke Ding Xie Heng arrived at Thriving Joy Hall while holding hands. Once Duke Ding arrived, the people in Thriving Joy Hall immediately felt an invisible oppressive force. The embroiderer who had drunk a few cups of tea silently heaved a sigh of relief that the person was now here.

"Greeting Duke Ding."

The embroider and her four attendants greeted Duke Ding.

"A'Heng, Ningbao girl, these are the imperial embroiders and her attendants. Embroider Zhang is the best embroiderer in the imperial palace, she specialized in embroidering the emperor's robe. Your wedding clothes will be made by Embroider Zhang."

Old Madam Xie introduced them with a smile.

Jiang Ningbao was surprised. She did not think that Old Madam Xie would invite imperial embroiderers to make her wedding clothes. She gave a polite and grateful smile to Embroider Zhang, "I'll be troubling Embroider Zhang."

"Being able to embroider Jiang fourth miss' wedding dress is my honor."

Embroider Zhang was a female member of the embroidery department, she was roughly thirty years old. Her brows had smiles, her skin was white with good looks, her voice was soft, and her whole body exuded a warm aura, making others feel comfortable.

What happened next was taking measures. Embroider Zhang personally took Jiang Ningbao's measures and the ones taking Duke Ding's measures were her two inner attendants, the other was responsible for taking down the measurements. The two inner attendants were eunuchs from the palace. Once they got neat Duke Ding who gave off an ominous aura, they felt uncomfortable.

For precision, the two inner attendants forced themselves to resist the strong oppression and the attack of the ominous energy to take the measurements repeatedly. After they had taken the measurements, the two inner attendants' faces were white and they almost fainted. Their bodies were drenched in sweat.

Old Madam Xie immediately ordered Old servant Huang to give the nerve calming tea that had been prepared since morning.

Jiang Ningbao's gaze was always on Duke Ding Xie Heng. Seeing him retracting the ominous energy and force, doing his best to hide it as the inner attendants took his measurement, her lips curved.

"Jiang fourth miss liked the duke very much?"

Embroider Zhang noticed Jiang Ningbao's actions and laughed lightly as she asked while taking Jiang Ningbao's measurement.

"Yes, the duke is a very good person, I really like him. Being able to get married to him is my fortune." Jiang Ningbao's brows and eyes carried smiles. She was not shy at all and confidently admitted.

Embroider Zhang's gaze slightly softened. Duke Ding was Dayue Dynasty's war deity. Because of him, Dayue Dynasty could be stable and flourishing. Seeing that Jiang fourth miss sincerely liked Duke Ding, she felt better toward Jiang fourth miss.

"The duke can marry you is also his fortune."

If there was no Jiang fourth miss, Duke Ding would spend the rest of his life alone.

Jiang Ningbao smiled slightly. This was the first time she liked a person in both her lifetimes. Perhaps her original motive was not pure, but after seeing Duke Ding, not only did she put him in her heart, her heart also moved.

After around a quarter of an hour, Embroider Zhang was done taking the measurements and took back her measuring equipment. She rejected Old Madam Xie's kind invitation and she led her four attendants out of Duke Ding Residence and back to the imperial palace.

Coincidentally, just when Embroider Zhang and her four attendants stepped out of the gates of Duke Ding Residence, Xie Jingyi came back with his fiancee Yang Shuqing.

Yang Shuqing had met Embroider Zhang in her previous life and she knew that Embroider Zhang was the best embroider in the palace, specializing in embroidering the emperor's robe. Seeing her coming out of Duke Ding Residence with Butler Zhao personally sending off, her heart had a not good premonition.

After the imperial carriage left, Yang Shuqing could not help but lift her skirt and pretended to be curious as she asked Butler Zhao, "Butler Zhao, is the one leaving from the palace?"

Butler Zhao nodded with a smile, "Yes." His gaze flashed when he looked at the silver and red long dress Miss Yang wore.

"Why did the person from the palace come?" Yang Shuqing asked with a slight smile, the hands in her sleeve tightened. The reason for Embroider Zhang's visit to the residence, she already had a guess in her heart.

Xie Jingyi went down his horse and walked to Yang Shuqing's side. Seeing Yang Shuqing's inquiry, his handsome face flashed with a trace of surprise.

"They came to take measurements to make the duke's and Jiang fourth miss' wedding clothes." Butler Zhao did not hide. Jiang fourth miss was still at the residence, they would know with just a few questions.

Knowing her guess was right, Yang Shuqing's smile stiffened and spoke with a face filled with admiration, "So it's like this. Can I and Heir Xie also invite their help with the wedding clothes?"

Butler Zhao's smile faded a bit.

"Miss Yang can ask the old madam."

Embroider Zhang was not a normal embroider. Without the emperor's permission, she won't make the wedding clothes for others.

Yang Shuqing seemed as if she did not notice Butler Zhao's smile fading a bit and she had on a pampered and cute smile, "That's right, I will ask the old madam later. It would be good if we can invite imperial embroiderers to embroider the wedding clothes, I will become the bride everyone will be envious of. Jingyi, aren't I right?"

A trace of helplessness flashed across Xie Jingyi's handsome face, "Shuqing, this is not possible. The one that just left is Embroider Zhang who specializes in embroidering the emperor's robe. Without the emperor's permission, she won't embroider our wedding clothes. Moreover, my face is not that big. Father is different, he's the war deity of our Dayue Dynasty, his position is very high. The emperor places great importance on my father's wedding. But, we can invite the capital's best embroider."

Yang Shuqing could no longer maintain her smile. She hid the feeling of not resigning in her eyes and smiled in embarrassment. "Sorry, Jingyi, I think too simply. Let's invite the capital's best embroider for our wedding clothes."

Xie Jingyi's eyes flashed with a trace of warmth.

"Okay."