DESTINE

RYLIE ASHTIDE: Rylie Ashtide was always adored. Not just by the Capitol, but by the people, from every district. She was always gentle, she 'wouldn't hurt a fly.' That's what her mother almost always said. The day her name was called at the reaping, her mother would have lost her mind, luckily, she was already gone herself. How could a person so gentle, so kind ever survive a situation like the games. But Rylie was clever, she knew that violence, death and fighting wasn't the true way of winning the games. In fact, there was no way of winning the games you could only survive them.
She won those games tactically, rightfully. She stayed silenced, she found her own way of eating, she knew who she could trust. But Rylie never killed. Not once, not even by accident. Instead, she took pleasure in saving others, she was prepared to sacrifice herself for the lives of others, particularly those younger than her. She taught people in the arena what was safe to eat and drink and when running into someone, she'd never think about harming, she'd just run past, hoping they wouldn't shoot their best shot at her. And that's how she won, that's how she became the 'winner' of the 70th annual hunger games, and District 4's third victor.
Since then, she toured every year. Being a Capitol darling, she had no choice. She became a mentor, helping tributes the best she could, however, sometimes she felt like wasted space, and that she wasn't helpful enough. And that was because of her partner, Finnick Odair.

FINNICK ODAIR: Being the youngest victor of the hunger games, Finnick was pressured. Pressured to do well. Pressured to impress the people. His life became a show, everyone interested in what was going on, always asking for information on his love life and the family he lost over the years. All eyes were on him. He pretended to love the attention, smiling for the cameras and putting on a narcissistic, self absorbed personality for the Capitol - for some reason, they loved it. If someone was considered somewhat 'handsome' or 'good-looking' the Capitol would make it a persons whole personality. And Finnick went along with it, he did it for his life.
But underneath he was nothing more than a  kind-hearted, charming man who wanted the best for everyone around him. Especially the tributes he mentored each year. It pained him. Every year seeing each tribute, a once lively child being subjected to the games. And their lives were in his hands. Each year, when each child is reaped, the burden in his soul increases. He wanted District 4 to finally have a victor, he wanted to finally see someone come out of the arena alive. But every year he slowly watched them die. He truly believed it was his fault. That was until the 70th hunger games. The girl he met changed his life. She became a mentor, just like him. But she wasn't as helpful as Finnick originally expected. She saw Finnick for the real him. But she envied the way he could be so charming for the cameras, for the Capitol. She wanted to be him. Rylie Ashtide decided very quickly, she didn't like Finnick Odair, and he did not like her.

Or so they thought. Maybe they were just tired of having to act like 'best friends'

ೃ࿐ ୨⎯ "destine" ⎯୧

WARNINGS→contains language, violence, description of injury, death, discussion of suicide and mention of alcohol.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

CAST AND CHARACTERS

RYLIE ASHTIDE, DISTRICT 4
"I really, really wish I could hate you. I really do. In fact, I hate that I don't hate you, not even a little bit"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Hailee Steinfeld

FINNICK ODAIR, DISTRICT 4
"Ashtide, surely you can see, I'd kill for you"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Sam Claflin

NOVA ASHTIDE, DISTRICT 4
"I believe you, but I believe in karma too. After everything you've been through, maybe this isn't such a terrible thing but, Rylie, don't throw everything you've worked for away for one boy"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Mila Kunis

MAGS FLANAGAN, DISTRICT 4
"You two should know how proud I am of you, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you earlier"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Lynn Cohen

WOODY ASHTIDE, DISTRICT 4
"Don't be like that, kid"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Ian Bohen 

JOHANNA MASON, DISTRICT 7
"For my sake, quit the bickering and get a room"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Jena Malone

CASSIA AMBERWOOD, DISTRICT 7 "Make the most of it you two, it's the beginning of the end"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Rain Spencer

KATNISS EVERDEEN, DISTRICT 12
"Wait, you and Rylie? I thought you hated her?"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Jennifer Lawrence

PEETA MELLARK, DISTRICT 12
"I'm begging you, help me save her, I'll do anything"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Josh Hutcherson

ORNA BELLGAZE, THE CAPITOL
"My victors. My beautiful, beautiful victors" Orna sobbed.

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Zoe Saldana

FLETCHER BELLGAZE, THE CAPITOL
"They are stronger than you know"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Joe Alwyn

HALLE GLINT, THE CAPITOL/DISTRICT 2
"I was just like you once. I promise you"

: ̗̀➛portrayed by Riley Keough

𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐘𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓→ the hunger games and its characters do not belong to me, but the characters and side plot i have created does. all rights to suzanne collins.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

—"my hand was the one you reached for, all throughout the great war"

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷©gladerliv