24 - My Loyalty Is To You..

The day Taehyung started to go back to shooting, was both good and bad. Good, because Taehyung was starting to really lose his mind staying at home. Jungkook had never seen him this agitated, irritated and downright unbearable to stand. Little arguments were happening more frequently, some words were thrown out without meaning and a full-blown fight seemed just around the corner. And to avoid that, they spent more than one night in separate apartments. It was a relief for both of them when Taehyung went back to work.

But on the other hand, it was bad because Jungkook frankly didn't want Taehyung anywhere near Sana. By now, Jungkook was almost convinced that Taehyung had some sort of feelings towards the girl. He still trusted Taehyung and knew that he would never cheat, hence the irritation in his behavior. It's even worse since Jungkook didn't have any shooting for a few days, since they were recording the scenes between two main leads.

So now, it was Jungkook's turn to imagine what would happen at the drama set and get frustrated over it. And each day when Taehyung came home, he seemed to be in a good mood, slowly confirming Jungkook's doubts.

Taehyung was indeed happy. Partially because he got to go work again. The familiarity of all the buzz in the drama set was the norm for Taehyung. He absolutely loved it. He is an actor, this is what he was born to do.

And if the fact that Jungkook and Sana are not interacting made him even happier,  no one had to know that.

The only thing that gotten worse was the tension between Taehyung and Jungkook. And it reached a zenith when they had their scenes together. It was kind of inevitable as almost all of them were not happy ones.

"I thought you were my best friend, Min-Hyuk-ah!! I never thought you'd back stab me like this!"

"I-I'd never do that, Han Sang-ah. Y-you don't know anything!"

"What more do I need to know?! I saw you with Areum, holding her hand. You knew how I felt about her! You know I love her!!"

"Why won't you just listen to me first before-"

"-No, I don't want to listen to anything! You- you betrayed me.."

"Well, you betrayed me too!"

Taehyung immediately recognised that the last line was not in the script. But it's a common thing for actors to improvise according to the mood of the scene. Sometimes the best scenes of a drama are a result of improvisation. Plus, Yoongi didn't interrupt yet so Taehyung decided to play along too.

"What?"

"Your loyalty should be to me!"

The moment those words were out of his mouth, Jungkook knew that he messed up. He had wandered away from his character and the story they were supposed to tell. He had gotten so off road that the last line was said by Jungkook to Taehyung, not their drama counterparts. But to his surprise, Taehyung was still playing along. So he steered it back on course.

"What are you talking about, Min-Hyuk-ah?"

"Forget it, think whatever you want."

The next step was to throw the friendship bracelet on his hand towards Taehyung's feet and storm away. Jungkook only had to take a few feet when Yoongi's 'Cut!!' rang through the set.

"Excellent! Both of you." Yoongi said with a small smile. "Jungkook, I'm not sure about the additional dialogue there. It certainly matched the mood but I think I'll have to recheck the scenes a bit."

"Oh.." Jungkook shifted from one leg to the other in nervousness. "I'm sorry, it just felt right with the situation. Do we have to take that again?"

Yoongi thought for a few seconds before answering. "No. I'll get it edited out if needed. Let's get ready for the next shot."