Chapter IV - On This Perfect Day

"I've tried to tell you." Enid said. "You can't just flinch like that."

Thing tapped her bed rapidly as if to say 'Sorry! I wasn't the one who filed to much!'

Enid gasped. "I did no such thing!"

Flight of the Bumblebee started playing from Enid's side table. Enid raised an eyebrow and looked at the contact. Thing climbed up her back and sat her shoulder.

"Why is Wednesday calling me?" Enid asked Thing.

She answered the call and was greeted with a beautiful sound of a car starting up. "Enid?" Wednesday asked.

"Hey, Wednesday." Enid said. "What's up? And why do I hear a car?"

"Oh, Tyler's just starting up the car. We're leaving in a few minutes to go to Jericho." Wednesday said.

Enid was taken aback by that. "Wait, you and Tyler are leaving?"

"Yes." Wednesday said.

"Wednesday!" Tyler's voice called. "Come on!"

"Yes, I'm coming." Wednesday replied. "I'm just talking to Enid."

"Alright," Tyler said. "I'll be in the car." And footsteps retreated away.

"Why are you and Tyler leaving?" Enid asked.

Wednesday sighed. "Xavier painted a picture of me and Tyler the other day and we're trying to figure out how to stop it from happening. If you want some more information, you'd have to go to Xavier."

Enid looked down at Thing. "What do I have to do?"

"You'll have to try and tell Mrs. Glanville why me and Tyler aren't there." Wednesday said. "We should be back in about two days. Three at most."

"And what if Tyler turns into the Hyde?" Enid asked.

"I've already got that covered. Don't worry. We'll be fine." Wednesday said.

Enid raised an eyebrow. "What does that mean?"

"Not important." Wednesday interrupted. "We're going now."

"You didn't even pack."

"Like I said, everything's covered." Enid heard the sound of car door open then slam shut. "Goodbye, Enid."

"Bye." Enid said, ending the call. Thing tapped her shoulder rapidly. "I know, I'm worried about her too but we've got a job to do."

Thing tapped her shoulder rapidly again.

"Yes, I do know that Wednesday could die but we just have to put trust on her okay?" Enid said. "I'm sure she'll be fine."

--

Wednesday looked out the car window at the fast moving woods. The soft hum of the car was now drowned into the background.

"I can't believe you convinced me to steal a car." Tyler muttered.

Wednesday looked over at him, his eyes were locked on the road and he looked so focused. "It wasn't even hard." Wednesday commented. "I thought it would take a little bit more than that."

"Listen, I wasn't planning on hearing 'you getting stabbed' and 'let's steal a car' in the same sentence." Tyler said.

Wednesday smirked. "I've heard that many times." She muttered.

"Yea, but you're talking to someone who almost a year ago, was working at a coffee shop being perfectly fine. Now, I'm in a car with the girl I used to like trying to not get killed." Tyler nearly shouted.

"Sounds like a regular Wednesday." Wednesday said.

Tyler sighed. "You confuse me sometimes, you know?"

Wednesday nodded. "I confuse a lot of people."

"I can tell." Tyler said. "Are we almost to your family's house?"

"Yes." Wednesday said. "You'll see it."

Tyler nodded and continued driving.

Wednesday's pocket vibrated slightly and she pulled out her phone. It was Xavier.

Hey, Wednesday. Just wondering where you went. I tried visiting your dorm but you weren't there.

Wednesday's eyebrows knitted together and she looked over at Tyler.

"Say we're out for a school assignment." Tyler said, almost as if he could read her mind.

Wednesday think much of it and typed that and put her phone down. Xavier responded almost immediately.

You're with Tyler? I told you he was dangerous.

Wednesday wanted to throw her phone out the window and never look at it again. She told Xavier that it's not her fault and turned off her phone.

A small smile appeared on Tyler's face. "Exhausted?" Tyler asked with a chuckle.

"I'm not one to fall asleep in a car." Wednesday said. "But, yes. I would like to sleep."

"I'll pull over and you can sleep in the backseat. I'll grab the pillows." Tyler said as he was pulling over. He pulled his seatbelt off and got out of the car. He walked over to the trunk and opened it.

Wednesday got out of the car and walked to the trunk. Tyler handed her two pillows and she opened the back door to the car and laid the pillows on the seat.

Tyler closed the trunk and appeared above Wednesday's head. "Comfortable?" He asked.

Wednesday laid down and closed her eyes. "You can continue driving now." She said. "I will be fine."

As she said, Tyler closed the back door and got back into the driver's seat and began driving again.

Wednesday mainly focused on the hum of the car, the sound had now surrounded her head. Soon after doing this, she slipped into being unconscious.

A/N

By the way, please do not go sleeping like Wednesday. What she is doing is technically illegal. So, please do not do it.

That being said, this chapter is shorter than the others because next chapter is going to be a pretty long chapter and I didn't want to add it to this chapter.

Thank you for the support on this book so far and I will see you in the next chapter!

The Woe of Love, Such Sorrow || Wedler (Wednesday Addams x Tyler Galpin)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें