CHAPTER 13

Kyra laughed at her friend on the other end. "I would have done anything to see that kiss," Kyra said after listening to Savannah's details about her date with Johnathan. Savannah only revealed what was safe to share with Kyra. "You two are moving pretty fast," Kyra said. "You don't approve?" Savannah asked. 

"I just want you to be sure about this," Kyra said. Savannah was happy to have a friend like Kyra who was a realist. She had not revealed the truth of the arrangement but Kyra had her suspicions. She realized something was going on. "I will," Savannah said paying attention to her advice. "I just don't want to see you get hurt," Kyra said. "Oh, you love me so much," Savannah teased. "Your relationship with your boo gets exciting every minute," Kyra teased. "Shut up," Savannah insisted. She laughed and heard her brother's running around the house excitedly. Johnathan was carrying the boys out to a courtside NBA game that had them in a frenzy all day. "I will talk to you later. I have to see about all the ruckus in the house," Savannah laughed. "Later," Kyra said still concerned about this relationship. She was wondering about how all her friend's debts were settled. Kyra's mind was all over the place wondering what Johnathan had to do with this scenario. 

When she walked downstairs he felt his heart race. After kissing her everything seemed different. He did not plan to kiss her. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision and he was happy he did. He kept replaying every detail of it. She wore jeans, and a T-shirt along with her hair pulled up in a messy ponytail. The only thing he could think about was how beautiful she looked. He smiled at her, "Are you sure you don't want to come?" "No, this one is for you and the boys," she smiled leaning next to the counter. Bradley and Kristen emerged cheering with NBA paraphernalia for their favorite team. Savannah shook her head absorbing their enthusiasm. Johnathan waved goodbye as the boys headed to the car with him. Even if their relationship was not real Savannah was happy for her brothers to have this moment. It was good that they were getting this experience and she was grateful to Johnathan for doing it. 

Savannah was so pleased with the happiness and excitement her brothers shared after the game. As they went on and on Johnathan'e eyes were glued on her. Savannah did not notice but paid attention to her two brothers talking about the game to her and their mother.

"My, my, boys you sure had a good time," Victoria Nottage clapped her hands in delight about the boys' experience. Bradley and Kristen hugged Johnathan warming his heart before going to their rooms. Savannah melted at that moment and was touched by it. Victoria headed to the kitchen and left them alone with each other.

"Thank you for doing this," she said with a huge smile. "My pleasure, your brothers are wonderful just like their sister," he said. She smiled. "Will you go out to dinner with me?" he asked. "Is this part of the plan?" she asked softly. "Yes, a big part," he said. Savannah felt he was up to something but she did not pry. "But before I go," he said. "I would like to see this artwork," he said. "You don't have to," Savannah said growing shy. She never shared her work with anyone other than her family and Kyra. "I want to,' he said sincerely. 

Savannah bit her bottom lips nervously drawing his eyes and attention to her lips. It took him back immediately to their kiss. "Come on, " Savannah said escorting him to her art room. Savannah folded her arms as he looked at her paintings, photos, and drawings. Johnathan was silent for a moment taking it all in. Savannah nervously stood watching him closely. He turned and spun her around unexpectedly. "Savannah, you are so talented. You don't belong in an office. Your art is breathtaking and that good. You need an art show. This is pure talent at its best," he grinned. 

"First put me down," she smiled. "And thank you," she beamed. "Are you sure they are that good?" she asked. "Top notch, excellent, immaculate," he beamed. Savannah hugged him, "Thanks for boosting my ego." "It's your artistic gift that did it for you," he said. Savannah hugged him at that moment. His gentleness always drew her in. His money did not impress her but his heart did.