CHAPTER 14 - A LONG NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Elara sighed in exhaustion while she ran her hand on the pregnant woman's back in an attempt to sooth her.

Tuesday was sure one hell of a day for Elara Black.

Not only she was met by a commotion earlier that day, courtesy of her mate, she also experienced roller coaster of an emotion starting from where her and Rosalie was alone in her office, to one of her students confessing some suicidal thoughts, to her bestfriend being cheated on and to her sister-in-law wailing about some shits Harry said. Elara can only internally grumbled in protest.

Just because she's a half vampire doesn't mean that she don't have to rest as well. God knows that she have the ability to snoozed out her alarm every 5 minutes multiple times if she could help it.

But desperate times calls desperate measures. She continued to pat the woman's back when Hermione emerged from the kitchen, her hands holding a tray of snacks, chocolates, alcoholic beverages and milk that sure was for Ginny but the amount of alcohol made Elara tilt her head and raised her left eyebrow in question.

Hermione only smile with mischief in her eyes before she wordlessly make the food float and conjured a mat to be placed on the floor for her to take a sit on. "What? Just because I read books doesn't mean I don't know how to have fun."

Elara shook her head with a fond smile before squinting her eyes on the pregnant woman that was about to pick an alcohol. "Hold on missy. Who says you can drink that?" She inquires, her stance was the same as when Rory did some mischief dragging her brother along the way. But Ginny pretended not to hear her and take a gulp on the canned alcohol causing Elara to immediately snatched it with an exhausted sigh. "Bloody hell woman. Its not good for the baby."

Ginny squinted her eyes at Hermione before groaning in protest. "You did not just put juice on that can, Hermione Jean."

Chuckling, Hermione cast some barriers on the alcohol for her not to be able to get one of the real ones before she answered. "I know you're stubborn one, Ginny. And besides, like Elara said, it's not good for the baby."

Ginny sighed, leaning her body on the couch "Yeah. I know. I just want this to be over with."

Elara raise her eyebrows in response before taking a sip on her alcohol. "Hang in there a month, love. It'll be over soon."

Hermione rolled her eyes at her. "Speak for yourself. You don't have uterus Elara."

Smirking at her, Elara shrugged nonchalantly, thankful that she didn't have to endure pregnancy and every month of menstruation but still can be flawless like a real woman. She thank her unknown mother for carrying such a fine specimen in her body for months. But on second thought, giving birth to a vampire and a witch child won't take long as 9 months but whatever, she still thank her blood mother and father for it.

Elara stood up and was about to open her mouth to tease them more but a loud crack echoed again inside the house, presenting the very frantic Godbrother of hers and a husband to this now glaring pregnant woman.

Harry, who did not see this as Elara's tall figure hid his wife's small one, surged towards his sister, frantically muttering. "Lara, Ginny. I can't find Ginny."

Elara take ahold of her brother's shoulder before she sheepishly side step, presenting Harry's wife who's ears are steaming and bright red as her hair making the now said man glare at Elara mouthing 'traitor' and gulp nervously when his wife produce an ear piercing screech that made the Black household vibrate for such intensity.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER!"

Rosalie gave Edward a nasty glare when she observed just how much he was enjoying invading her privacy by reading her mind. God knows how much she wanna snap his neck like a twig more than ever for being such a little shit who don't have respect for other people's privacy. Sure, he couldn't help it but sometimes he made it a task to listen to her specifically because her thoughts are more morbid than his brooding one and it amuses him to no end.