11

****
Dara took a look at her navy blue dress for the last time before taking the white bag and walking out of her room. Kelvin had asked her to move into his room and she dismissed it not feeling comfortable enough yet.

She strolled into the living room and he jumped to his feet as soon as he saw her, "hey, are you ready?" he asked softly. She nodded, "I look fine right?"

She did not know how to do makeup so she settled for lip gloss and mascara, they were not bringing Layo with them even though Mr Robinson had asked for her to come to be brought to the dinner.

Dara's phone rang and she sighed, "who us that?" Kelvin asked noticing that her phone had been ringing constantly. She pulled it up and sighed, "excuse me," she muttered and turned away.

"Daddy what do you want from me?"  she asked rudely, she was annoyed by the amount of time he was calling her. She thought her relationship had ended with them after what has happened he would constantly reach out and try to talk to her as Layo. She wanted to be left alone, she had made it clear time and time again that she did not want to see him or speak to him.

"I just... I want to see you, Dara... I have missed you... I know what your mom said was not the nicest and she was just angry. I am apologising on her behalf, come home we miss you, we only had you back for a few months. The plants are dying without you," he pleaded softly.

"Daddy, stop all of this, I am tired of it, I do not want to engage with you people, mommy has made it clear she does not support my marriage and you are complicit, I cannot allow that to be my life. I am sorry but I cannot."

Kola coughed and heaved tiredly, "everything is a mess around here. We want you back Dara, I want my daughter and my granddaughter back, I want my family to be complete again, I want everything to be fine again," he pleaded.

"Daddy nothing was ever fine! You want to tell me you have forgotten that you wanted nothing to do with me up until recently that you felt guilty," she snapped at him.

"I am sorry, I really am, I am sorry I am being complicit in what your mother is doing, I am sorry I threw you out when you needed me the most, I am sorry that I failed you as a person and as a father, everything is my fault and I am really sorry."

"It's good that you realise what you did but I cannot see past that, I wish you a healthy recovery but I do not want anything to do with you, take care and goodbye." It was cold and tanning cats and dogs outside so Kelvin handed her a coat to cover her body.

"Who was that?" he asked helping her into the long coat. She took her bag from the sofa, "my father," Dara said begrudgingly and started walking toward the door. Kelvin followed her saying nothing about it.

They rose the elevator down to the first floor and collected an umbrella from security. They ran toward the G-wagon already waiting and ready for them. As soon as they entered the driver past them a brief getting before he started his joinery to Kelvin's house.

They finally got to the house and Kelvin pulled out the umbrella and hopped off the car and stretched out his hand. Dara rook it and they walked hand-in-hand into the house. As soon as they got into the warm house as removed their coats, maids surrounded them and took the coat away. Kelvin took her hand and they walked toward the dining room.

"Oh, they are here!" Stephanie said with a smirk, Dara looked around the table, they were three people on the bed. "Good evening everyone, we are sorry we are late," Dara tried to smile politely but she could already feel the tension in the air.

"Do not let it repeat itself. SIt," Tochukwu said looking at eating food. Kelvin drew the chair for her and she smiled and said a quick thank you before taking her sot, Kelvin took his seat next to her and looked around the table before opening her bowl for her and opening his.