Past and Present

Present Day

Earth Prime

Peter gazed out of his long, french style windows of his penthouse apartment. He was on top of the Tower of the Sun, the largest building in New York City, which was overlooking the New York Harbour. It had been constructed over the course of three years, and he'd built an entire miniature city/complex around it, to create areas for his employees to live in comfort and safety. 

New York had quickly transformed in the past fourteen years to become the shining beacon of modern society worldwide, much like it had in his previous life. However, the presence of competition with the so-called 'City of Tomorrow', Metropolis, pushed the city to even greater heights. The Mayor had been completely supportive of Dawn Technologies even when Peter was a teenager, because most of Dawn's projects were oriented towards the city. With his almost blanket approval, Dawn grew at an almost unprecedented rate, and acted as a quintessential example of what New York can achieve in collaboration with businesses.

The real unexpected event that affected his company happened seven years ago.

XXXX

7 Years Ago

Earth Prime

Peter leaped off the wall of a building, before shooting a web as fast as he could to the next one, just as the building he'd left collapsed. 

By the time he'd arrived on Governors island from his tower, most of the island had been decimated. Luckily, there were very few living souls here, so Peter wasn't too concerned about collateral damage.

"This is an active call to all members of the Justice League," he barked into his comms. "Two meta-humans of category five strength are doing battle on Governors Island. One of them is identified as Solomon Grundy."

"Acknowledged, Spider," came the calm voice of the Martian Manhunter. "The rest of the League is handling the sorcerer Wotan near the moon. We will be there as soon as we can, but I don't know when that will be. Be careful."

"Thanks anyway, J'onn," Peter panted, before steeling himself for yet another dangerous fight. "Maximum effort," he echoed Wade's war cry, before diving back towards the source of the loud booms.

Two grey-skinned humanoids were punching each other madly, uncaring of the crater that had formed beneath their feet, or the shockwaves that rippled through the air with every blow.

"BORN ON A MONDAY!" one of them howled, launching a blistering right hook at his opponent, who simply turned his head with it, before retaliating.

A web line circled his throat and pulled the zombie giant backwards to the ground. Two charged taser webs struck the other giant in the chest, who just roared in anger and rage. Peter charged over the fallen body of Solomon Grundy, rushing straight at Damage. He leaped over the fallen Grundy, before flipping over Damage. On the way, he grabbed Damage's shoulder, and unleashed a full dose of his venom blast, which almost crippled the giant. Damage collapsed to his knees, trying desperately to swat at the offending hero, but Peter avoided it with his phasing, crawling around the grey monster to continue to shock and web it up. He shot webs into its nose and mouth, making it writhe while grasping at the webs. Peter had judged Damage to be the more dangerous one, so he was taking care of him first. Eventually, Damage's frantic writhing stopped completely, and he lay out cold on the floor. 

Before Peter could catch his breath, his senses exploded and he flipped high into the air, just before an enraged Grundy's fist struck the spot he had just occupied. So powerful was the blow that the ground shattered, a large crack spreading from there to the rest of the island, and the area around it crumbled downwards.