9 - Wedding Bells

————————————————

————————————————

AUTHOR'S POV

As much as the family members were enjoying themselves, Subi's condition was a complete opposite. Neither could she leave the table, nor was she able to utter a word.

Her face flushed with embarrassment, she looked like she wanted to melt into the floor. Maan couldn't hold back his amusement anymore and asked, "What's going on here? Will anyone care to enlighten me?" Akash chimed in, "Nothing, bhai, you look really good today." The moment he said those words, Subi choked on her juice and coughed slightly. "God, are you alright, Biwi?" Maan asked, concern etched on his face, and she nodded her head weakly.

"Wow, bro, you're already calling her Biwi?" That's some serious husband goals right there!" [Ritu teased, her eyes twinkling with mischief.]

"C'mon, she deserves it, after what she did for me; the least she deserves is a cute nickname," Siddharth said, while Nirmaan was still trying to catch up with the conversation.

"Okay, enough now, what's going on here?" Maan asked, his irritation palpable.

"Bhai... your neck..." Riddhi gestured hesitantly towards his neck with her finger. He moved his hand to the left of his neck, and his eyes widened as he saw the print of red lipstick on his fingers.

The room erupted in laughter, and Subi's face turned a deeper shade of red. She wanted the earth to swallow her whole. On the other hand, Maan just looked at everyone with a blank expression for a few seconds before giving a sly smirk and crossing his arms.

The family looked at him in shock, and the younger ones chimed in unison, "What's gotten into you, Bhai?"

"She's my wife, isn't she ?" Maan said, holding Subi's hand on the table, while she tried to pull it back.

"Unbelievable, Bhai. Nothing fazes you, does it?" Akash complained, shaking his head.

"Eat your breakfast, guys. This drama's getting old," Maan said, continuing with his meal. "
"Maan aap kitne besharam ho"(Maan you are so shameless), Subi whisper yelled passing him a glare while he looked completely unbothered.

Subi turned to sit straight trying to focus on her food.When Dadu spoke taking everyone's attention, "Maine  bataya tha na tumhari Maa ki chitthi kebaare main Kal?, pataa hai usne kya likha tha?(remember I told you all about your mother's letter from yesterday), this took everyone's full attention. Dadu never tells about his letter to anyone. So the reaction was expected.

"Well she reminded me about our old days and our wedding...as it will be our 50th wedding anniversary in 20days.", Dadu had the brightest smile talking about his wife and his life.

They all were astonished hearing the news and got all excited. They all congratulated Dadu and and quickly started making plans about how should they celebrate it. All giving their opinions. While Subi was lost in her thoughts. Her mind thinking about her and Dadu's conversation from yesterday and her thoughts of , her and Maan 50 years from now.

Suddenly she got an idea, she jump stood from her chair catching everyone's attention. "Golden jubilee Wedding!!!!", she said out loud to no one in particular. They all looked at her, and she realised how she just practically screamed out. "Sorry", she said slowly and took her seat.

"No, Bhabhi ... that's an amazing plan... what better way to celebrate it!!!!", Riddhi exclaimed, turning to the elders, while the others looked on. "But kids... how will...", Mahendra began to say, but was cut off by Siddharth.

"Don't worry, Dad, we'll take care of everything... right?", he asked his team, who nodded enthusiastically. "Please, Grandpa, please... just say yes...", they all pleaded. The elders looked reluctant, but eventually gave in. As the hall erupted in cheers and applause.

They turned to look at Subi, "So, tell us, sister-in-law, how should we initiate?... since it's your plan, after all", she had the biggest smile on her face. "Why don't we all go back to our village, and do everything in the traditional way? From the Haldi ceremony, mehendi, sangeet, jaggoo, and the wedding itself?", and not just do it... but do it exactly the way it was done 50 years ago... a fully traditional wedding... what do you say?", and they all looked at her with unbelievable expressions.

"What...? Did I say something wrong?" she asked them, looking concerned.

"You're a genius... that's a mind-blowing idea!" Siddharth exclaimed, jumping up from his chair. "I'll just call Grandma..."

"No, wait, it'll be a surprise for her. We'll go there and surprise her with Grandpa," she suggested.

"Now I know why my brother is head over heels for you... you're just amazing!" Akash said, putting his arm around her in a brotherly hug. Nirmaan quickly intervened, gently removing Akash's arm from her body.

"What Bhai ? Why are you being so possessive? She's all yours, no one's going to take her," Nirmaan said with a chuckle, playfully smacking Akash's head. "Did I ask for your opinion? Mind your own business," he added, prompting everyone to laugh.

Soon, the breakfast table transformed into a conference and planning table. They all started making to-do lists, while the women made shopping lists. Meanwhile, Nirmaan was dying to spend some quality time with his wife. He wanted to spend a peaceful Sunday with her all alone.

He settled back in his chair, arms crossed, and waited. After almost an hour and a half, they were all done and ready to go shopping.

Hearing the word "shopping", Nirmaan had a horrified expression on his face. He didn't want to go shopping, nor did he want to let his wife go with them, knowing it would leave them no chance to spend alone time together, especially with his crazy family around.

He quickly stood up and told everyone, "I can't go, I have a important video conference in two hours." They looked at him, and his father asked, "On Sunday?"

"Yes, Dad... it's a new client, and we can't deny them. The deal isn't confirmed yet, and we're still working on it," he said, secretly glancing at his wife.

"Okay then... I'll also stay back home... you might need something. Besides, you'll be busy," his wife said, and Nirmaan inwardly sighed in relief. He had managed to come up with a convincing excuse without arousing suspicion.

"NOOO, Bhabhi . we had plans to shop so much... and you're not even coming?" Ritu pouted.

"Don't worry, I'll come next time, since there will be a lot of shopping happening. After all, we'll be hearing wedding bells soon, isn't it, grandpa?" she asked with a smug smile.
And Grandpa just chuckled.

Within an hour, they were all out of the house, settling into the cars to leave, while Maan and Subi waved goodbye and entered the house.

The moment they entered the hallway, Maan picked her up in bridal style and started moving towards their room. "Time for your punishment, bIWI...", he said in amusement, kick-opening the door.

"Punishment?" Subi asked, raising an eyebrow, as he placed her on the big rug lying next to the recliners and their favorite swing in the balcony.

"Yes... my love, you left a mark on my neck, which led to my embarrassment," he bent down, coming closer to her face.

"But... you... you... said the...", she was cut off as he put a finger on her lips. "Doesn't matter what I said, you'll be getting your punishment," and without wasting a second, he took her lips in his.

TO BE CONTINUED.....
_______

Hawwww..punishment 🫣😏
Looks they are going to have some fun

Like, comment and follow if you like the chapter....
Till then HASTA LA PROXIMA, BABY😘