Part 10 Blast Off

A-lyas POV

"This way! Come on"

"Yeah, here."

We brought the moonstone towards the ships core reactor.

"I told you wolf tech doesn't play nice." Wyatt too me again.

I nodded sadly not meeting his eye "Yeah I know"

A-lan remained oblivious to the obvious tension "Then we're gonna need an organic conduit between the moonstone and the Mothership." He told us "Only our people can connect to the ship's stardust reactor. But unfortunately, the moonstone's power is lethal to us."

"But your being half human might just work. You'll be a living bridge." A-li told her "Addison can do it."

"Yes, she's an alien." A-spen said.

Bree added "And a cheerleader."

"And a part of our pack." Willa finished.

"You were born for this." Zed told her smiling.

I looked at her and asked "Ready?"

She nodded the electricity began to crackle the pain clearly was becoming to much, she was screaming now and suddenly Mothership just powered down as Addison let go.

"I couldn't hold on! It's too much power!" She said sorrowfully.

"We must reestablish the connection now, or all is lost." A-spen yelled quickly.

"Take my hand. The power can flow through me." Zed offered.

"You'll be fried in a minute!" Addison told him.

"It's gonna be okay." They reestablished the connection and the pair began yelling "I'm so sorry!"

Suddenly the ship was fully charged and they let go.
"Yes! We're at full charge!" A-li cheered.

"Yeah!"

Mothership smirked "Mama's back."

"Yeah."

"We did it!"

"We must launch now!" A-lan reminded us.

"All right, preparing to take off" Mothership told us.

Zed and Addison hugged "It doesn't hurt anymore!" He remarked. She smiled back "I think I'm learning to control my powers."

"Launch sequence. Go." Mothership said.

Addison hugged him "I love you, Zed."

"I love you too. To the end of the universe." Zed added and they kissed.

"Maybe we'll meet again somehow." Addison said.

Zed nodded "Someday."

I looked between them and I thought of Wyatt. Then I quickly pushed the memories away, knowing we would never see each other again.

Zed was beamed back down to earth. Mothership began to count "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one."
We set off and flew through the atmosphere.

"Mothership's almost calculated the coordinates to utopia. She's having trouble extracting the coordinates from Addison's DNA." A-lan told us.

"We've been stuck at 97% complete
for a while." A-spen complained.

"Oh, come on, Mothership!" A-li said giving it a kick "That did it. Only a few more minutes now."

"I've been thinking." I said "Why didn't your grandmother just tell us that you were the map? Why make our search so difficult?"

"Maybe she thought there was
something to learn by staying in Seabrook for a while." Addison said.

"Accessing mind probes." Mothership told us displaying it on the screen.

Mind Probe 1

"I think there's something there, you know?" Zed said.

"Look, humans are bad, but cheerleaders are monsters." Eliza told him.

Mind Probe 2

Willa growled "Wolves!"
The wolves al legit prepared to fight to get to Addison.

Mind Probe 3

I found a memory of Wyatt and me when we met in the interrogation room.

I quickly turned it off.

"I will miss your friends, but not the discord in your people. In utopia, we will never have conflict." A-lan told Addison.

"But sometimes you need conflict." She told us.

"Need it?" I asked confused.

Addison gestured at the memories "Look what happened once we overcame our differences."

"You became friends." I realised.

"We did." She agreed "Together, we made progress. Conflict isn't always bad. Being challenged sometimes pushes us to be better."

"This is true. No one spoke up while our planet suffered." A-lan said.

A-spen added "All because we didn't want to create disharmony."

"And now our planet's gone." A-li said bitterly.

"Harmony isn't silence. Unity isn't sameness. Love is powerful. It can handle disagreements." Addison suddenly gasped "I know where my grandma wanted her people to live! The most perfectly imperfect place there is."

She showed us on the map. I nodded "Yes. You have found our new home."

"Take us there, Mothership." A-spen said.

"Please." A-li added smiling.