Awkward Silence

Lexi's POV

My mom starts to get up, but I stop her. "Mom, I'll get the door," I tell her.

"Pretty and helpful. One hell of a daughter you got there Lindsay," the husband says. Eww. Did he just call me pretty? That's actually kind of weird.

I walk out of the dinning room to the main entrance. I open the door to see someone I definitely wasn't expecting. Willow.

Great. My mother's close friend's daughter hates me. Now I have to sit through a whole dinner with her. Well, it's more like half a dinner at this point.

I understand why she took so much time getting ready now. She looks flawless. She is wearing a tight silk dress. The red looks great on her.

The dress hugs all of her curves showing off her stunning body. It dips low enough to show off cleavage but not too low where it would be unacceptable.

I look her up and down, taking in the view before me. I am snapped out of my thoughts when she says flirtingly, "Are you just going to stand there and check me out, or are you going to let me in?"

...

Willow's POV

Her eyes snap back up to mine. She seems a little shocked. "Oh. Sorry. Yes, come on in." She replies embarrassed.

"So. I didn't know you were Lindsay's daughter."

"Ya, well we just met like a few hours ago and you weren't exactly friendly. I mean you barely even showed me around."

"What you didn't like my tour?" I ask sarcastically.

"You were basically being a bitch to me for no reason. So, I'm gonna go with no."

"No reason?" I laugh.

"Yes."

"You are either oblivious or just really naive."

"Really? What did I do to make you hate me within two seconds of meeting me?" She asks angrily.

"I could tell you're just another stuck up rich kid." I state flatly.

"And you're not?" She asserts.

"Hey. You don't know anything about me. So don't start judging me." I retort.

"That's funny coming from you, considering you literally just did that to me."

"Well you..." I start.

Just then I hear my mother yell from the other room. "Hey girls. What's taking so long?"

I walk straight past Lexi and into the dining room. "Nothing mother. We were just introducing ourselves." I say, putting on my sweet and innocent persona for the parents.

"That's nice." She replies.

"Willow, darling. You've grown so much. I don't know if you remember me since you were so young when I last saw you."

"Lindsay. Yes it truly has been too long," I say giving her a hug. "The last time I saw you must have been almost 10 years ago at that fashion show in New York."

"Oh yes. I remember. You were so cute wearing that little white blazer with the matching pants."

"I loved that outfit. Speaking of outfits, Lexi I love that dress, but Lindsay I had no idea you had a daughter, especially not one my age."

"Well, I suppose it's because I'm trying to keep Lexi mainly out of the spotlight. And the last time we met she must have been visiting her grandmother," Lindsay explains.

"Oh well I'm sad that I'm only just meeting her now," I respond.

"Didn't you meet her this morning though, when you were giving her a... tour?" My brother cut in.

"Oh yes. I did but it was only for a short while as I didn't see her the rest of the day," I answer, while giving him a stern look.

"But you did though. I saw her sitting with you at lunch."

"I suppose she was there too but unfortunately I wasn't really up for socializing as I wasn't feeling well," I explain through a clenched jaw.

"Oh. That's why you ditched."

"Excuse me young lady. You ditched school?" My father asks upon hearing my brother's comment.

"As I said I wasn't feeling well," I explained to him.

"Then why didn't you come home until 6:45?" My father demands slightly raising his voice.

"Well, Richard. It's because I knew you would just force me to go back to school even though I felt like total shit," I shout back.

"Language!" He exclaims.

"Ok. Calm down honey. Well handle this like we always do." My mother intervenes.

"Fine. But don't think that you're getting off easy just because we're not discussing this now." My father grumbles.

All throughout the conflict the Leightons just watched the family dispute. I can feel eyes on me.

I turn to look at Lexi as she stares at me from across the table. I can't quite read her expression and that annoys me.

This rest of dinner consisted of a lot of awkward silence and small conversations. Long story short it was pretty much a bust.

Here is Willow's dress