Chapter 47 | Full Potential

*second person p.o.v.*

"Come on!" You were ahead of Genya in the forest as he was following you. You had left Tanjiro and Nezuko behind to help Genya find the fifth demon, but it was obvious you were faster.

You were much lighter and had more stamina. "I have to get back to Tanjiro and Nezuko, we must hurry! It's moving south! No, west!" You jumped over a log on the ground and continued to follow the scent trail to the demon which was to the right.

"Genya! Look down!" You ordered, and when he did, he saw a small, puny demon.

Genya attempted to shoot it, but it had dodged. Instead, he used his sword but it got snapped in half instantly. The bullets or sword couldn't impale him.

"Watch out!" As soon as Genya spotted the demon, he ran ahead, which left you to follow behind him, but Sekido appeared with his staff ready to impale his neck.

You sprinted and leaped into the air, using hinokami kagura to slice its neck off. "Go, Genya! Before it gets away! I'll protect you! Don't look back and just go!" You shouted.

Just then, you could sense Aizetsu behind you. His spear was aimed at you and an attack of weeping spears came towards your body.

You were bound to be hit. Your body hit the floor as you covered your head, but you only felt a gush of wind. As you turned back, you saw Genya with his body full of holes.

"Go!" He wheezed, his body heaving with every breath. "Genya!" You gasped. "I can't behead it! You... can be the one to behead it! You can be an exception..!" His voice was strained and he struggled to speak.

You bit your lip and then stood up. "Be careful, please." You then sprinted towards the other demon and didn't look back.

You saw the small figure run to an open space, so you got in front of it and raised your sword as it turned back around.

Pink fire covered your sword and you swung your arm, connecting your attack to its neck. It had the word fear engraved on its tongue.

Suddenly, a loud screeching noise came from the demon, making you wince. Before your sword could completely slice its head off, another presence came from behind you.

Nezuko's blood had worn off, and your blade was now stuck. "Dammit!" You cursed under your breath.

"Y/n, get out of the way!" Genya shouted, with his gun aimed at the demon behind you. But you knew he couldn't aim well since his hand shook.

An attack directed towards you sent you flying towards one of the wooden dragons that emerged from the ground.

You held on tight as it went into the air. To get to the ground, you had to use your sword as a handle to make sure your impact wouldn't be too harsh, so you stuck your blade into the body of the dragon and slid down, making sure to avoid the other heads that were attacking you.

You weren't able to dodge the other one and waited for impact, but instead was caught by Nezuko.

"Nezuko!" You said in relief. She landed on the ground, but you were sent tumbling. "Come on, big sis!" Tanjiro caught you and helped you up.

"I'm so glad you're both safe." You sighed, hugging Tanjiro close. "Go, help Nezuko." Tanjiro let go and went to Nezuko, checking to see if she was okay.

Just then, the demon from before was behind Tanjiro. "You brutal fiends who torment the weak... atrocious... offensive... to the extreme. Damn you, awful villains." The sixth demon said. "There's six?!" Tanjiro exclaimed, raising his sword.