Chapter 2: A Pathetic Ending

---

After I finally arrived home my throat began to dry up as I stood on the porch staring at the door.

I took a deep breath and exhaled as I grabbed my keychain from my pocket and unlocked the door.

As I walked in, I took off my shoes and closed the door behind me. 

Before I could even make it halfway through the hallway, "VERA SOLACE," my mother shouted.

I sighed, here we go. I make my way down the hallway and enter the kitchen on my left only to be greeted by the displeased faces of my mother, father, and my twin brothers.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL DAY?"

"IF YOU KEEP FOOLING AROUND LIKE THIS YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO MEASURE UP TO YOUR BROTHERS" my mother exclaimed.

My brothers chuckled in response.

"Shouldn't you be in school right now? Like halfway across the country?" I said to my brothers with a sarcastic tone.

"DON'T TALK TO YOUR BROTHERS LIKE THAT! THEY TOOK TIME OFF TO COME HOME YET THEY STILL REMAIN AT THE TOP OF THEIR CLASS, AND WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?"

"A MERE COMMUNITY COLLEGE WAS ALL YOU COULD DO FOR YOURSELF!"

"ARENT YOU ASHAMED?" my father yelled as he lost his temper.

What sins did I commit in my past life to be stuck dealing with such buffoonery every chance I get?

I sighed, what I would give for some peace and quiet.

"Should I be? Honestly, I'm proud that I supported myself and got an education without any help from my so-called family"

"If anything I'm ashamed to be related to you all" I uttered. 

"YOU'RE ASHAMED OF US? WE'RE ASHAMED OF YOU!"

"YOU TOOK AWAY YOUR BROTHER'S LIFE YET YOU CONTINUE TO DISAPPOINT US"

"IF YOU WEREN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING WITH YOUR LIFE, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU WHO DIED THAT DAY NOT YOUR BROTHER!" my mother shouted as she fell to the floor with tears in her eyes.

"How long will you guys continue to hold this against me?"

"How long do I have to continue to suffer over something that I have no control over?" I shrieked while trying to stabilize my shaky voice.

Suddenly my father ran up to me, before launching his hand towards my face.

SMACK!

Before I knew it I was facing the opposite direction.