Tighnari 3

Tighnari is not one to laugh at someone. But when Faruzan got what was coming that's exactly what was coming to her for being a gossip he did just that.

Kaveh had probably never heard him laugh! Hat guy definitely has not. Tighnari wondered if even collei had heard him laugh.

Putting that thought aside Tighnari said. "Have you done that before?"

"A few times! It's funny when people are so used to seeing you one way that they can't even recognize you with a single change." Hat guy said as he took his hat from Kaveh.

"Seriously, what did I miss?" Kaveh asked.

"Faruzan was gossiping about him so he walked in here without his hat! She continued gossiping because she didn't recognize him." Tighnari said.

"Oh!" Kaveh said then turned to hat guy and asked. "Do you think it's a good idea to be here? You should be at home resting."

Hat guy rolled his eyes and said. "I'm fine! Don't pretend to care about my well-being! It's just a waste of time!"

Tighnari had no clue what either was talking about so he said. "Hat guy, I have everything set up at your campsite so you go ahead Kaveh and I will be there in a moment!"

"Fine by me!" Hat guy said then flew off.

As soon as he was out of earshot Tighnari looked at Kaveh and said. "Explanation NOW!"

Kaveh sighed then explained what happened the day before.

~

Tighnari was storming into the campsite!

That idiot! He's gonna get himself killed one of this days

Of course hat guy had already had the mechanism in pieces.

He didn't seem to notice Tighnari.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?" Tighnari asked.

Hat guy, without looking up, answered. "I'm disassembling this and writing down what each piece's placement and use is. So that when we are making the prototype we aren't going completely blind."

"That's not what I meant! You shouldn't be working." Tighnari said.

"Seriously you too? Ha it's fine! I'm completely functional. I've worked way harder after surgery many times." Hat guy said reassuringly.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Tighnari asked.

Hat guy shrugged then went back to work.

"Stop, I get that you don't want to see any doctors! My student has similar bad experiences with them but you need to rest. I don't know what is going on. But if you need, I can help." Tighnari said in the same tone he used to use when Collei first came into his care.

"I'm fine! Like I said to your friend You don't need to pretend to care! I'm not a child." Hat guy snapped.

Hat guy had no idea how many times Tighnari had been told those exact words.

Tighnari sighed, sat next to him and said. "I'm not pretending to care. It's my job around here to make sure nothing happens under my watch. I do appreciate your presence but I'm not gonna let you run yourself into the ground. All I'm asking is that you rest for a few hours and to take it easy for a couple days."

Hat guy stared at Tighnari for a moment before saying. "Fine!"

Right before he left to go to his tent he turned and said. "Hey Tighnari."

"Yeah?" He said.

"While we are working on this project, you can call me wanderer. Calling me hat guy all the time is gonna get old." He said.

Tighnari smiled. "Of course! I'll see you in a couple hours, Wanderer!"

Wanderer nodded once then went to his tent.

A bit of trust. Even as small as a name. Is a step in the right direction.