Prologue

Inside a fortress sitting on Twin Bridges; a battle between a red plumber named Mario Mario and the oldest of seven koopalings and one of King Bowser's minions in charge of the fortress; Ludwig von Koopa. The fight takes place on a bridge, but luckily for the eldest koopaling there was no axe.

No one as smart as him would fall for that little trick.

Ludwig gave Mario all he had. He breathed out his royal blue fire, he casted the most complex spells none of his siblings have ever learned before as taught by his mentors Kamek and Kammy, he even spun his shell towards Mario whenever he hit him. He really gave Mario his all.

In the end; his efforts were futile.

It would be no surprise that Mario would dodge Ludwig's magic, fire breath and spinning shell with no problem. He even successfully stomped on his head three times like last time.

The first time Ludwig was stunned and a headache was starting to form, but he brushed it off and the fight continued. The second time Ludwig started seeing black spots in his vision and he was starting to feel dizzy. The eldest koopaling wasn't sure if he also got bruises, but didn't have time to check.

The third time he got stomped on the head; Ludwig blacked out.

Mario looked at the unconscious koopaling and kneeled down. He poked at him a few times to make sure he was out cold. When he was, Mario heaved a sigh of relief and took off to find the Yoshi egg.

When Ludwig came to moments later, the ceiling above him was spinning. It took him a while, but Ludwig eventually managed to sit up, then stand up. He rubbed his head, and felt three huge bumps hidden in his hair. Ludwig looked around the bridge, but Mario wasn't there.

His eyes widened when he realized something. 'Did he...?'

Ignoring the oncoming dizziness, Ludwig quickly stood up and staggered up to another floor to his room in the fortress. His room has a small kitchen and bedroom with a bookshelf and piano. He looked at his bed, and his worst fear was confirmed.

The egg was gone.

"Oh Lord Bowser is going to kill me." Ludwig groaned with tears threatening to spill.

Ludwig then ran to his window and opened it. To his horror he saw Mario placing the Yoshi egg down and walked towards a detonator.

'A detonator?' Ludwig thought 'What is he...?" He then realized what Mario planned to do. 'Oh no.' Before he could plead Mario to not blow up the fortress; the red plumber activated the detonator.

Ludwig's eyes followed a small flame head for the fortress; frozen in terror.

He then felt the ground beneath him shake. Glasses, plates and bowls smashed onto the ground. The piano, bed, beside table with the lamp and bookshelf were jumping a bit. Some books even fell off. In just one second the fortress with Ludwig inside was launched into the air like a rocket.

Ludwig did something that he would never do; he screamed.

Tears spilled out of his eyes as he was launched from the ground and away from the island he used to be on. More cutlery crashed, pots and pans were fell to the ground letting out loud clang sounds, more glasses, plates and bowls crashed to the floor and shattered to pieces. His bedside lamp even fell and the lightbulb shattered. His bookshelf finally toppled over and fell.

Ludwig closed his window quickly, ducked under the window and covered his ears. He even shut his eyes tight as hard as he could.

All these sounds were deafening. They were far far too loud for him.

The fortress kept moving up...up...up...up out of Earth and into a void full of planets, moons, stars, comets and asteroids.

Everything became bumpy after that. Ludwig peeked an eye open, then both his eyes widened as he saw his piano sliding towards him. He jumped out of the way in time, but landed his knee roughly on the bedframe. Ludwig flinched; and even more as the piano let out a loud bang.

Ludwig stood up and tried walking away from his possibly destroyed furniture, but he slid back and fell onto his stomach. He wasn't sure if he could mentally discern it, but he thought he heard a snap on his ankle during the slide like it broke.

Suddenly as the fortress is still soaring in space, an asteroid hit the fortress and is spun in a cartwheel; going in a different direction. The cartwheeling stopped and the fortress started making its way to a green planet. Not Earth, but something completely different.

Ludwig landed on the ceiling with a harsh thud. He felt dizzy and was ready to black out again. Black spots and blurriness took over his vision again. He rolled to his side and the furniture is falling as well, but Ludwig himself is the target.

He had a hard time dodging the scattered pieces of glass, plates and bowls as they had left multiple cuts. Ludwig did use his magic to move the heavy pieces of furniture away from him despite his weak state. His arm weakly fell limp as Ludwig sighed of relief. He started to slowly sit up.

Though he only moved the heavy furniture away. He didn't see the lamp, pots and pans falling towards him.

They all fell and hit his head. First the lamp, then the pot and pan landed directly at his head.

Ludwig fell again and his head landed with a thud. Everything shook as the fortress stopped falling and crash landed. The eldest koopaling strained to open his eyes, but then darkness took him under.

For the second time that day; Ludwig blacked out.

TO BE CONTINUED