Ch. 24 Nonsense

"'Shall we try making contact with the local soldiers a bit further ahead?'" Roman suggests.

"Hmm, what will you do, Master? I recommend talking to the locals at the destination as it's one of the joys of traveling," I adds.

"Understood. Alright then,"

'Cough,' Roman clears his throat.

"'Slow down a bit! Please! Both of you can't talk right now!'" Roman pleads with teary eyes.

"Ugh, even though we're just getting started... Well, can't be helped. It wouldn't feel right to kick up stones and leave a bad taste."

Easing off the accelerator, I deploy the parachute and gradually reduce speed.

Eventually, we come to a stop and I help both of them off.

My heart is still racing. Could bikes really be such amazing rides? I'll take good care of you, Gil Gil Machine.

"Did you enjoy that? This is my version of a king's march. Consider it an honor."

"Yes, it was amazing! The wind hitting my body so hard... It felt so good!"

"My butt's split..."

"Don't worry, you were already like that, Ritsuka."

"Not about that!"

"Fuhahaha, we'll be traveling like this for the most part. I am the joyful king, after all! Alright, let's try making contact with the local villagers."

"Are you sure it's okay?"

Master seems to be worried about not having learned French or any other languages. Of course, I can't speak either. I don't even know which country I was in, and that's equally unclear, so I'm of no use.

"Sorry, I'll study once we get back."

"Oh, come on!"

"Why, the language barrier is part of the charm of a journey. Don't worry about it. Even among different species, communication is possible. Express things through expressions, gestures, and spirits. That's what communication is about."

Express things through spirits...

My words have an unshakable self-assurance. Travelers are not just Mash and the Master.

"For smooth interactions, you need social skills. But I'll tell you this, I only have one friend. After all, I never bend myself. If I don't bend, I can't make friends. Fuhahaha."

"You must have struggled, my only friend."

"...Understood, Senpai. Leave this to me."

"Mash?"

"Mash Kyrielight! I volunteer as Chaldea's Ambassador of Goodwill!"

"'You've got some determination. Words hold power. They're basically the pitiable leaves that get trampled on, too, you know. Cat is pitiable.'"

"'A fool who talks and stops moving is easier to cut down. Anyway, good luck!'"

"Yes!"

"Alright, go ahead, Ambassador of Goodwill. Don't throw a tantrum like Marie did earlier and claim you're not at fault or anything."

"'Gil!'"

"Hahaha, let it slide with a smile. It's a stylish sense of humor."

They've already become quite familiar with each other. The lively conversation is pleasant.

"Alright, let's go!"

Mash approaches the soldiers with determination. Impressive, show 'em what you're made of, Mash.