Chapter 6: The one where Masaru gets Sidelined

Masaru didn't like heights, and he really didn't like spiders. The combo he was dealing with was.. not fun. Masaru had a feeling he'd be there a while. Rui, who was probably a lower-moon, had seemed much more curious than upset about his eyes.

His only hope was his sword, which was miraculously stuck with him on the tree. Masaru had been trying to grab it, but the limited movement was not making it easy. Rui had seemingly gone off to some other part of the forest, which was good, but also inconvenient.

At least with Rui there he could try and learn more about muzan. (He was getting really tired of that guy)

However, because of Rui's absence, Masaru was able to move closer to his sword. Though he couldn't quite grip it, he was close enough that given a bit more time, he could definitely escape. Well, that was his thought before water cut through the bushes into the clearing, pushing Tanjiro(and nezuko) into the clearing. Rui was right behind him, chasing after the two, until they came to a standstill. The two seemed to be talking about nezuko, because they both kept looking back at her, and masaru had a feeling it went like this:

"Tanjiro, I'm gonna steal your sister"

"Nooooooo"

Masaru didn't really know, but considering nezuko was now strung up and getting sliced, that seemed the case. Masaru was suddenly very glad that Rui seemed to think of him as precious cargo, because the way nezuko was strung up was not looking comfortable at all.

Masaru and Nezuko met eyes, and masaru tried to point her to where his sword was lying next to him as he was trying to grip it right. Nezuko seemed to nod, but both of them heard a loud cry from below where Tanjiro was fighting the demon.

Just as Tanjiro used his tenth form, Masaru gripped his blade. He couldn't hesitate here.

Tanjiro's water turned into flames, and Nezuko's blood demon art activated. Masaru breathed in his fifth form, slashing through his bindings and falling towards the ground. He landed roughly but in his feet as Tanjiro had finally killed the demon.

"Tanjiro?" Masaru called out to him, looking around at his friend. Said friend pointed behind him, and Masaru turned to see Rui pulling his head back on.

"Too late slayers..." Rui grinned, starting to form red string webs, looking towards the two boys. Tanjiro looked panicked, holding his sister tightly. Masaru felt the same until he noticed the Strange Man in a weird Haori behind The lower moon. Rui turned, facing the man with the same brimming confidence he did to Masaru and Tanjiro.

Masaru had a feeling that it was a bad idea. Something about the strange man's general vibe was...powerful. Rui didn't seem to notice though, throwing his attack at the weird haori man without a second thought.

To Masaru's surprise and Rui's dismay, the man didn't get hit by a single string. He was using some water form Masaru had never seen before; He'd have to ask Tanjiro about that later. Rui seemed shocked. Masaru got up, planning to strike him down, but the weird Haori man Sliced through Rui's neck without a second glance.

Masaru balked at the man. He couldn't do anything, and yet... Tanjiro, despite being the same rank, almost beat a lower moon, and the strange Haori man could do it without a single care. Masaru decided in that moment that he needed to train more, and stop relying only on his breathing style.

His moment of contemplation was interrupted by a sword to his neck. "Tanjiro. Who is this..?" Masaru froze as the strange man looked him dead in the eyes. "...another one?" Masaru blinked in confusion before realizing this man definitely knew about Nezuko. "Well, Giyuu-" Tanjiro started, before being cut off by rustling in the leaves.

As soon as one Sword left his throat, another Blade was there. The strange man(Giyuu, tanjiro had said?) seemed surprised at the arrival of the two women, who Masaru decided to dub "Butterfly lady" and "butterfly child", who were seemingly just as stabby as the other people Masaru had met recently.

Tanjiro took Nezuko and ran. Masaru tried to do the same, but before he could, he felt the hilt of a sword hit his head, and fell to the ground, out cold. When he came to, he was in...a box? Wait what?

A/N: Now you might be wondering, Author, Why is this chapter so short? The answer is that my Laptop broke, and then my phone, and then my headphones, and I just finally got them all replaced. Next chapter should be longer, hope to see y'all soon :>