PART-4-THE TRUTH

That was me.

 I touched myself. Am I dead? No...cause I could feel my flesh and skin, all warm. I am also breathing....I laughed. But the sound of my laughter as all dark and scary just like the room. I might be mistaken. No way that was me. It might be someone else. Because here I am, all alive, standing, and of course all hysterical. I looked at the figure again. Her face and my face was so much alike. The only difference was that her face looked peaceful unlike mine.

 I was going crazy. I was sweating even though the room was cold. And my heart was beating fast against my chest. Each of breath was rough and choking and my eyes, no matter how much I wanted them to turn away, was still fixated on that figure. I was frozen. In just a few minutes, all my excitement turned to horror and panic. I covered my mouth. I felt like throwing up. I tried to gather strength in my legs that went limp out of fear. I ran. My legs were shaking and my mind was foggy. I was no longer in control of myself. I didn't even know where I was going. I just wanted to stay away from that room as far as I could.

 I fell on the hard and cold floor. I realized that I was running a little too fast. My body was still shaking. I slowly got up and saw a door. This time the door was familiar to me. I came across it many times. I opened it and again my eyes met with the grey ones.

"Hey" he smiled softly but this time it didn't comfort me. At this moment, I was uncertain if anything could calm me down. I was drowning in extreme fear and terror. In no time, my legs gave up and I fell on my knees. 

"You look badly disturbed?" he asked calmly. 

Suddenly an unknown rage filled my heart. How could anyone be so calm? I looked at him and saw his eyes looking at me. I realized that he knew. He knew everything. It made me even more angry. I wanted to yell at him but then...it clicked me. All his words that seemed meaningless was actually referring to this. And the mysterious nurse? She knew everything too. I realized again. That day she didn't warn me about him but about that unknown room. All this these was making sense but still...one thing that was still covered in an uncertain mist was the truth. 

"Who am I?" I finally asked. 

 "Isle" he said looking at me.

 "Then...then who is the girl I saw in the other room?" I asked tiredly. 

"So...so you have finally seen it" he sighed. 

"Who is she?" I yelled.

 He looked at me. His face showed no emotions. He was studying me like a predator. 

"It's you" his voice was calm and clear.

I could feel everything crushing down inside me. I still wanted to believe that it was all a lie. But.....his voice held the truth, all crystal clear. He was not lying. He was never lying. 

"Am I dead?" my voice came almost like a whisper. 

"Not yet" he said.

 I looked at him. What did he mean by 'not yet'? Am I going to die soon?

 'No-no I don't want to die' I thought.

 "What's happening?"My eyes were becoming blurry. I realized my cheeks were wet. I was crying. 

He sighed and got up from his bed. He came and sat beside me on the floor.

 "Isle...I think that it's time for you to know the truth now. I am sorry for hiding it all this time"

 He continued, "Let me ask you...are you real?" 

I looked up. My eyes widened.

"What-what do you mean?"