𝟐𝟏. 𝐄𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬

Aarush

As I entered the room, I saw her holding the bouquet and reading my apology note. I hope she forgives me! I went behind her and cleared my throat so she is aware of my presence.

She calmly turned to me and said "You don't have to do this"

"I'm sorry for-"

"Don't be" she intruppted me.

"Yuvaani, I understand. You need time. But at least assure me that-"

"I didn't even know Aarush, that was Priya's saree. It was a whole unintentional thing"

"I understand, Yuvaani. Just- I'm not liking the fact that you're quiet. Yell at me, hit me, complain to me Yuvaani! Do anything! I know that's all my mistake!"

"You don't have to spend money on me" she said gesturing towards the roses, which she placed on the table and went to the babies to check them.

"What's the use of these when you don't like it" I said to myself and picked them up from the very table she placed on, and threw them in the trash can.

I went to the babies to look after them, but I saw her looking towards me with unblinked eyes.

"Why- why did you throw them!?"

"They're of no use as they aren't accepted by you" I replied.

I saw my baby girl crying and to pacify her I went outside the room with her.

"What happened baby, why are you crying? Are you hungry? You just woke up, were you missing dadda that much huh?" I said while patting her back and cuddling with her, assuring her with many kisses.

After she got silent, she came up to my face and began eating my nose! My babyyyyy! This is what I missed- my babies' cuddles! I would devote a whole world to them!

"Do you think baby? Mumma will forgive me? Hmm?"

She cooed in her baby voice as if she really understood my question and was answering it.

"Hmm hmm, I'll take it as a yes Pihu" I said happily and cuddled her even more!

"Pihu" I heard Yuvaani's voice and I turned back.

"Um, actually it's time for her bath"

"Usually she doesn't bathe that soon na? What's wrong?"

"I have to go out today, so I'm giving her and Ansh bath earlier than usual"

"You don't worry about this, you do your work, I'll get them fresh. Haina Pihu?"

She spoke her incoherent words, and I said "See, she said yes too" and I looked at her. Her look clearly stated Really Aarush!?

"I'm really sorry, Yuvaani" I apologized again.

"I think we're over this conversation Aarush" she said, taking Pihu from me.

"But, at least we can talk and sort the matter like mature people na" saying that we reached our room.

"There's nothing to talk about," she said, removing Pihu's clothes and taking her to the bathroom. I entered the bathroom behind her, and I saw Priyansh was already in the bucket of water, playing with duckies.

The water in the bucket was very less in amount so that it can't go in Priyansh's nose. The water level was nearly on his waist.

My little young man looked cuteee as he was playing with those ducks.

"Papaaaaaaa!" Priyansh got excited when he saw me.

"Yes baccha" I went near him and kissed him. But my heart couldn't be content with a kiss, so I showered him with lots of kisses!

"You'll get wet too, you stay out, I'll bathe them" Yuvaani said.

"I'm okay here, I want to be with them" I said pouring more water in my baby boy's bucket.

Hearing and ignoring my words, she placed Pihu into another bucket and focused on bathing her. Whereas I too took the soap and began bathing Priyansh.

"What if you had a topic to talk about?" I questioned to which she knitted her brows together and looked at me, and then ignored me again!

Man!

Followed by silence of few minutes when she was almost done with soaping, I heard her words "I didn't knew it was Priya's saree"

I know I realized it quite late, but hearing those words from her didn't feel as if we'll have a healthy conversation.

"I know- and I'm genuinely sorry about that- the whole day was just- filled with unwanted and unexpected surprises for me!"

"Hmm" she added.

Are we on talking terms now?

"You can complain to me, I'll listen patiently. You can shout, yell, or even hit me for that Yuvaani! But please forgive me"

"Shikayatein apno se ki jaati hai, gairo se nahi"

[We complain to our people, not to strangers]

"Koshish kar sakti ho mujhe apnane ki?" I uttered!

I don't know how I uttered- but yeah! It was in my mind! I want to have a normal relationship with her, at least friends? Like with no awkward moments?

Her face almost snapped at me with the speed of light. I know it's maybe- hard to understand?

"I mean, we can give this relationship a chance, if you think of it"

"The only thing I can highlight here is, you realized this because you're guilty Aarush! If the incidents which took place on Vihaan's birthday wouldn't have happened, you wouldn't be here asking me to give a chance to our relationship!"

"Maybe- it was meant to make me realize that way. I was ignorant about things. I know. But I had always acknowledged your presence, I'm and I'll be forever grateful to you for the things you did for my kids, which included the change in your personal health too! Not any woman can do that. I know Yuvaani, I've not stood for you at the right time, at the right place. But I want to now. I want to be friends with you"

"Because you're guilty! You want to be friends with me because you're guilty!"

"It's not that! How can I explain to you my side of the story Vaani? I mean- I accept that I was wrong- but whatever I'm going now isn't out of guilt. It's out of realization that I've come across."

She quickly poured water on Pihu, and wrapped in her towel and moved out of the room.

"Did I say something wrong baby?" I asked Priyansh and he just replied to me with his cute little "hehe!" Showing me his teething gums.

I quickly wrapped my baby Priyansh in the towel as he shouldn't get cold. And I made him stand on the bed, beside Pihu was being dressed up.

I noticed one thing-

The bouquet was not in the trash can anymore! It was on the table near the balcony.

Is it a sign??