Chapter 8

1 January 2025

(Amara)

New year, new me, with new goals. From today moving forward, they will pay for what they did to my beloved dad-William Brown-

I had a whole plan. I just need to get close enough to initiate my plan. My father taught me a lot of thing, but the one thing that stuck was when he took me to his place of work. At the time, he was dealing with a case and I wanted to see it unfold so I forced him to take me with him. My mom protested against it but they raised a very spoiled child so she didn't succeed in her plans and I went with him. He was investigating this guy, and he looked quiet familiar. It was the guy who sold ice-cream down the streets. Apparently he was using that as a cover up for the drug business he had going on. At the time I was too young to understand but it was crazy how that guy had planned it all.

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

That's what my dad said he used to help uncover this whole charade. He was cheered on, all over the world because he did what many people before him had failed to do. And by using this tactic I might be able to uncover the truth about the Yang Family.

However, during this break i reconnected with my mom. It wasn't easy as there was tension between us, even over the phone, but we had managed to make it work. It wasn't as easy though as it will probably take time for me to be able to trust hsr again, but like i told her its baby steps.

So it started with the basic 'how you been conversations' til I could fully tell her about my expirence going into uni and the people I met there. Everyone 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒊𝒎.

I didn't want for her to ask so may questions about him and worry a lot. Because if she's capable of moving me around from place to place just by hearing the last name, imagine what she could do if she knew I was siting doing projects with them...

Plus I have a plan and I can't afford for anyone, including her to ruin that for me.

Me and Ty officially started dating today. He took me to a fancy dine-in restaurant and proposed the question. I was ecstatic because he would be the first guy I had ever been with and I really believe i will enjoy the expirence a whole lot. And he was a good guy who loved me. So u was ready to take this step with him.

He also was probably the best new thing for me since I came here or that's what I was trying to convince myself of. Then there was him...𝒌𝒂𝒊

I'm suppose to hate him and I'm trying but a piece of me just wants more. I don't know what "more" he could give me after how he treated me but the heart wants what it wants. One minute he gets close and the next he shuts down. But again there's just something about him that I am craving...

He's like a drug that I just need more of.

Being in his presence just does something to me too. It's like an extra confidence boost that I never knew a person could feel. There's just things I want him to do to me, just imagine the positions he could put me in- 𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒇𝒐𝒄𝒖𝒔!!! 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅...

Even with all that, after hearing his last name, I knew what needed to be done. I can't allow my feelings to ruin everything, so time to put all that to the side and focus on the task at hand. I want to make my dad proud, wherever he is, I want to bring glory and honor to his name. No matter the cost or price, I will do whoever it is dirty the way they did my father.

One week later...
"Alright, I have marked the assignment. Some of you understood how important it was for you to pass this module, the rest (unless you plan to get extra credit) I will be seeing you again in the new semester" the professor continued talking about how crucial it was to Ace the assignment. "Congratulations to Chantelle Tompson and Kai Yang for getting an almost perfect score on the assignment" I scanned the room till I saw him and our eyes locked. We made intense eye contact; you could cut the tension with more than just a knife, it was the first time seeing him after the whole project incident and I'm not sure how to feel. I thought I was making progress but this has just put me 10 steps behind for no reason. Then a girl approached him.

I have never seen her on campus before. She was dressed so formally like she looked like a model for vogue magazine. I so envied her.

"Guess you're not the new girl anymore" I ignored him "You'll always be the new girl in my heart, bae" my mind was still focused on the girl that just entered the room "Hm..." "You good?" "Yeah, I'm okay. I just have a headache is all" I lied "Let me walk you to your dorm so you can rest then." "Thank you"

We walked to towards the dorms, my mind still on that new girl. 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆, 𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆... I was making Ty suspicious too. He had previously already warned me about Kai and how they don't see eye-to-eye and would rather me stay away from him, but how? Seeing him again erupted these weird feelings in me and what's worse was that new girl. 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕? 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕? 𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕...

"Do you need anything before I leave" "No, I'll be fine" I could tell he was worried and all "I'll let you know if I do, don't worry about me" "You sure? I can always miss football practice and stay here with you" I laughed awkwardly "I know how much football means to you, go and I'll text you" he contemplated leaving for a while. "I got Eliana, nothing will happen." "That makes me feel worse-" he said while putting his hand over his head in disappointment "I heard that!!!" Eliana shouted which echoed across the whole room as I laughed "Bye babe" "Promise to text me." He said "Right hand on the Bible babe." I said as cheerful as someone who seen their crush talking with someone else "I'm rubbing off on you, purr" she came in my room as he gave me a hug and exited.

"Alright he's gone. Talk to me." "Shh let me sleep" I protested "Cmon I wanna know." She argued back "There's nothing..." I lied "Its him right." She said "Who's him?" I could see a smile creeping up her face "We'll talk when you're awake" "Answer the question" I asked desperately "Nighty, Nighty 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔" 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏, 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕...

I took one long ass nap and made sure to text Ty so that he calms down. Now, more than ever, I was ready to do it. For you papa

Next month...(Kai)
After lectures I usually leave first but I had to do something first, "Chantelle" she froze as I walked closer towards her "Can we talk?" "She doesn't want to talk" some guy from behind her added- 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 "I only recall asking her the question so kindly fuck off" she didn't say anything, "Get lost, Kai" he said angrily, he was really starting to piss me off "Chantelle, I wanna talk about something" "Fine" she replied to which he seemed offended 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 "How are you gonna talk to him-" "You being dramatic bae" 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅- 𝒃𝒆𝒕 𝒊 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓- they kept arguing, going back and fourth right infront of me, to which he stormed off and it was just me and her.

"What you say better be important." "Princess you never told me about your little boyfriend." I said trying to rile her up "Kai, can you get to the point." She was getting impatient "Tell me, does he treat you good?" I smirked "You wasting my time you know that." "Am I really princess?" "Yes you are" That's when she turned around and started walking towards the door, so I took her hand and pulled her into my embrace. I could hear her breathing getting heavier 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕. I lowered My head down to her neck so that she could feel my hot breath against her skin 𝒅𝒆𝒋𝒂 𝒗𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒖𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 "Nobody walks away from me princess, not even you. Got it" she nodded her head. "Lets go" "W-w-where..." "Follow me."