The arcade

My alarm went off at 6:00 a.m.

I hit snooze about five times before I got up, and as soon as I woke up, I was greeted with an array of butterflies, knowing that I got to see my girlfriend today.

I got up, slid my fluffy golden doodle slippers on, and walked over to the bathroom wrapped in the hoodie Nora (my girlfriend) gave me.

Summer break started just a few weeks ago, and a field trip to an arcade was scheduled to keep us all connected over the summer.

On the first day of summer break, Nora confessed her feelings for me. We've been dating for a few weeks now, but neither of us are ready to tell anyone, so it's just our little secret for now.

We had been friends for quite some time before this grew into what it is now.

I didn't really know I liked her until she said something. She took me aside. I guess I was just caught up in the moment because I quickly responded with, "I like you too." And well, that was the start of all of this.

We have sleepovers almost every weekend, and she's over most weekdays as she only lives a few minutes from me.

We've done our best to keep it as private as possible, but it's kind of hard when Nora leans over when she thinks no one is watching and is constantly holding my hand or playing with my hair. I don't mind it, but it also makes me nervous because I don't know how everyone else is going to react.

I looked at my phone after washing my face and saw a message on my phone.

Nora 💗:

"Good morning; see you soon."

I responded, and the remaining conversation went like this:

Nora 💗: I've missed you sooo much, and, I can't wait to see you.

Me: You just saw me yesterday; we went to the beach, remember?

Nora 💗:Yess, but I wish I was with you right now.

Me: You're way too clingy. You know that, right?

Nora 💗:No, I'm not!

Me: I don't know about that.

Nora 💗: Ok, maybe I'm a little clingy. But it's only because I love you.

Me: Told you. 😉 Ok, now I've got to  get ready, I'll see you soon

Nora 💗: Byeee Ttyl ❤️

I launched myself onto my bed and placed my phone on my chest, gripping the sleeves of my sweatshirt tightly.

And closing my eyes. Trying to hold back a smile.

I got up a few minutes later and pulled out a pair of jean shorts, a floral baby tee shirt, and white vans and changed into those.

Then put some makeup on which persisted of some mascara and cherry chapstick.

I opened my bedroom door and then walked to the kitchen, getting some strawberries and oatmeal.

I greeted my mom, who was taking care of my sister.

I ate, and we left a little while later.

The arcade was only about 10 minutes from our house, so it was a short drive.

She dropped me off in front of the building.

I walked in and met up with Nora.

"Hiii," she squealed, jumping into my arms, leaving me to catch her mid-air.

A few of our other friends were there as well.

She kissed me on my cheek in a totally platonic way.
(Insert sarcasm.) ^

We played an assortment of different games before grabbing some pizza at the restaurant in the arcade.

Afterward, we split a huge double chocolate brownie.

She walked to the bathroom and asked me to wait on her in the hallway.

In the hallway, there was a collection of those games you put a quarter in, and it dispensed assorted toys or candies.

There was one that cost 75 cents, and it dispensed temporary tattoos.

I got us both some.

Along with a pink key chain and a ring for Nora.

After I got my collection of "treasures," she came out of the bathroom and looked me up and down.

She raised her eyebrows and said, "Well, is any of that for me?"

"Yup," I said, handing her a keychain and tattoo, and lastly, kneeling down and handing her the adjustable and flimsy metal ring with a little plastic gem.

A smile filled her entire face as she said, "I do." Before she looked around to see if anyone was watching, Everyone was still eating, so she placed both her cold and slightly wet hands on my cheeks and kissed me.

I smiled and broke the kiss.

We walked back to our table, and she placed her hand out on the table next to mine, signaling for me to look at her new ring as I took a sip of Sprite.

I laughed uncontrollably and ended up blowing Sprite out of my nose, which was pretty painful.

But worth it for the memories that moment will always have, and it'll be something we will look back on.

828 words <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N)

Enjoy and happy holidays.
LMK if you have any other ideas.
<3