Complications (13)•TW•

•TW•Entire Chapter•

Axel laid across Amethyst, as if shielding her with his body. Bright red blood oozed from his back, dripping down onto the floor, creating a puddle, mixing in with Amethyst's hair as she laid limp beneath him, blood pooling from an unseen wound and combining with Axel's. His breaths were ragged, his face twisted in pain as he guarded her, barely clinging to consciousness.

Callin towered over them, a knife held down to his side, a twisted smile taking his features as Axel's blood dripped from the blade, pooling at Callin's feet. He wasn't looking up to us, his curly hair had grown long, concealing his face. He looked entirely unhinged, practically skin and bones, his clothes in tatters, his feet shredded and angry. He truly looks like a Rogue.

My breath was caught in my throat, fear paralyzing me in my place. Micah was the same, his hands clenched into fists at his sides, his eyes locked on Axel as his breath started to fade, his body going limp. Micah's shoulders tensed, looking to Callin and barring his teeth, an expression of anger on his face that I had never seen, his eyes practically glowing as his face contorted into something unrecognizable.

I could feel Lily's presence behind me before her gasp rang out, her hands going to cover her mouth as she too stared on in horror at the scene, her eyes immediately locking on Amethyst. Jewel hide herself tightly behind Lily, her eyes wide and face going pale as she swallowed a lump in her throat, unsure of how to react to the situation.

Callin started laughing, drawing my eyes back to him as droplets of sweat paved their way down my face. The way he laughed sounded awful, a deep scratching sound from the back of his throat as he peaked at us through his hair, lifting the blade lazily to point it at each of us, as if deciding who to go for first.

Micah lunged for him, acting completely on emotion and grabbing him by his throat before smashing Callin's back against the wall, his head making contact with a sickening thunk.

As if unfazed, he continued laughing, trying to form a sentence between his breaths as he clung on to Micah, sending the blade into his side with a pleasurable smile, like he was getting some sick, erotic enjoyment from his actions.

"What? Gonna kill me now, too?" Though Micah was the one holding onto Callin, his eyes locked with mine as he spoke, a glint shining in them. You could see Micah tighten his grip around Callin's throat, his face turning red and eyes going bloodshot from the pressure. It was as if they were in a stand off- the knife still lodged into Micah's side as he grimaced, his hold on Callin not daring to loosen.

All I could do was just stare ahead, my eyes locked in on the blood starting to leak down Micah's side, staining his clothes.

Not giving me time to respond, Micah pulled Callin's head forwards before shoving it back into the wall with another loud thunk. Without even blinking, Callin's smile widened as he twisted the knife into Micah's side, his eyes practically glowing red from Micah's grip around his neck.

Micah groaned out at the pain, letting go of Callin who fell to the floor, kicking him hard enough to send him flying into the other wall, his body dropping to the floor in a heap and the knife falling in front of him with a clatter.

He was still laughing manically, his hands wrapping around his bruised neck as he thrashed around on the floor, acting as if he were overjoyed, the knife no longer in his grasp. He seemed entirely unhinged, feral, no real logic behind his actions. Like a wounded animal, reacting solely on some sick instinct.

He had gone crazy, he had to of. Micah stumbled back over to my side, clutching at his side and leaning on me before he said,

"You need to take Lily and Jewel and get out of here. Get Paul or Avory, tell them I need he-" Micah couldn't finish his sentence, a bloodied hand caressing my cheek as worry swam in his eyes. That worry turned to pain as he choked on his words, his eyes going wide at the sensation of Callin driving the knife through the side of his throat.