How It Works

This year, we will begin with 15 participants in each main genre. The main genres will be listed at the end of this chapter. Our judges will vote to pick the top 5 books in each genre to move on to the second round. The judges will only be looking at the first chapter, cover, title, and synopsis of the beginning books. Therefore, if your book is not one of the top 5, we will not be able to provide a lot of feedback. We will have little bits of helpful information for the 10 books not selected to move on.

In the second round, our 5 books in each genre will go head to head. These books will be judged on their first 5-10 chapters. Our judges will carefully select the top 3 books in each genre. We will have multiple judges for each genre so that we ensure it is a fair competition.

After our judges select the top 3, Taylor will be going in and curating the list of our top 3 in each genre to publish.

As for our categories, the books will only go through one round. There will only be 5 of these books in each category. This is because there will only be 1 judge per category in comparison to the 2-3 judges in each main genre.

Prizes will still be given for the winners of categories, but the prizes will not equal the prizes for the winners of the main genres.

Our Main Genres Include:

-Action

-Adult Romance

-Adventure

-Chicklit

-Fanfiction

-Fantasy

-General Fiction

-Historical Fiction

-Poetry

-Science Fiction

-Short Story

-Thriller

-Young Adult Romance

Our Categories Include:

-Best Blurb

-Best Cover

-Best Title

-Best Female Character

-Best Male Character

-Best First Chapter

-Best First Line

-Best Plot